Davits

Thanks look interesting. But can’t see any pics of the example boats viewing on my phone.

Wonder about snatch loads and ability to cope with RIB + outboard + fuel tank (total 100kg) in a seaway.

Max load 180 Kg. Pics are not working for me either - send them an email and ask for pics. Generally Garhauer  stuff is good quality with great warranties. I have a bit of it, but not davits...

I saw the 180kg thing but somewhere in my memory banks I recall that snatch loads from slamming and wave motion can generate 2-3x static load i.e. the same stuff that causes rigs to come down in heavy conditions. Hence I think they look a bit lightweight for my purposes.

I think the design looks ok, and they should hold a 180KG dinghy in heavy conditions. If not they are not suitable for their task. I'd saysSpeak to Garhauer about it, dont presume from the website.

Rigs shouldn't come down in any conditions, if in good order , and the boat stays upright....

We're a cat, so fitted onto a vertical transom. They would fit straight onto a horizontal surface, but anything else would need a bracket to be made up.

OK. Still keen to see any pics you can post or send when convenient.

I like the look of these - relatively simple and clean - but not sure if they would lift the dinghy high enough? I want to raise it high enough that I can still use the transom steps by walking under the dinghy - maybe these are too low?

As it is very unlikely you'll ever be asked to play a Xmas Elf, Hobbit or any one of Snow Whites 7 mates, having walk under height could be a big ask ;)

The other boat that we viewed (same make, same size) had davits fitted that enabled this. Hence I know it's possible (and yes I'm trying to find out who did those ones too as it was done in Auck)!

OK. Still keen to see any pics you can post or send when convenient.

I like the look of these - relatively simple and clean - but not sure if they would lift the dinghy high enough? I want to raise it high enough that I can still use the transom steps by walking under the dinghy - maybe these are too low?

I've sent you a PM with photos.

I can't picture the transom of your boat so can't comment, but they can be raised by tweaking the base you will need to make up.

I've sent you a PM with photos.

I can't picture the transom of your boat so can't comment, but they can be raised by tweaking the base you will need to make up.

Thanks. They look perfect on your installation (big transom mounting area) but I'm not sure they are the right shape for me.

I'll try to load a pic showing the rear of my thing and you'll see what I mean.photo3.jpg