Westhaven now not wanting berth holders with permits to park at marina

I would add, in the interests of balance, that there is a rule that you need to keep your boat in a "seaworthy" condition, and the Club does keep an eye on this and has been known to contact boat owners about this.

We wouldn't want any old riffraff in the river you know  ;-)

I would add, in the interests of balance, that there is a rule that you need to keep your boat in a "seaworthy" condition, and the Club does keep an eye on this and has been known to contact boat owners about this.

We wouldn't want any old riffraff in the river you know  ;-)

Thanks Fish, I will investigate, because this Nazi behaviour from Westhaven has well and truly put me off.

No, not a riff raff boat, at then end of a two year refit, and boat is in primo condition.

I think we are about to have the same arguement at Pine Harbour,  with the marina company building apratments parking is going to be at a premiuim especially on piers A-D where there will be no parking at all,  rumour has it that they will tow cars that park there and take the ferry to work.  We dont have stickers you need a card to get past the barrier arm, so good luck to them on the first cars they tow/ticket.  I get two parks with my berth and will use them as i see fit

I went into Westhaven a month or so back to run a weekend of racing. Got back to a ticket for being parked too long in a space you need a permit to park in, just like the permit that was on my windscreen at the time.

The first I knew of it was when a letter arrived saying as I have ignored everything the price had gone from 65 to 85 notes. On sussing, which took many attempts to get past an automated 'go to the disputes page' bullshit, by simply stating 'I want to speak to a person or get fucked I'll see you in court', it appears I must have missed the ticket and previous letters..... hmmmmmm.

Wilson parking arseholes

On sussing the time given I thought Hmmmmm.... ticket says 10:03 but the alarm shows me turning it off at 10:05. Even allowing for the 20 seconds to walk from car to alarm and a few minutes for being 'out of synch', someone did show huge enthusiasm to fill their quote or boost their commission cheque. 

Wilson parking arseholes.

The lack of parking is a shocker. The white spaces are often chocker block with club members, tradies and people functioning at the Squaddy. The yellow spaces are always more then 50% empty.

Not following: You had a Westhaven parking permit displayed Grant, and still got a ticket?

Funny last.time I rented a berth in westhaven was just before the RNI. We have a lot of work to do on the boat and a lot of gear to sort so I thought I would stop by the office and get a parking permit. I filled in a form and got handed a white permit not a yellow one like the previous time. Upon enquiring I got told that only lease holders get a yellow one. I commented that it was probably a waste of time and walked out. To my amazement the gentleman obviously stressed out followed me out into the carpark hurling abuse and told me not to come back. Was quite funny to watch. I told.him to intercourse and leave then carried on with my day. It does give a little insight to the workings of the marina and their attitude towards berth holders and renters. Pretty much a monopoly in their area and they behave like one. It must come from management down. Westhaven are not alone in this attitude.

Yeap and going on the times I got the ticket for overstaying within a minute of arriving.

Maybe the times used on the signs are seconds not minutes :)

The ticketers are probably very nice people but one or 2 I've seen gave me the impression they weren't employed for their thought processing abilities. 

Unbelievable. SO it is as I thought...they are just guessing if you are out sailing or wandered off to do shopping with the wife in Queen St.

Just unbelievable.

How about this...
Since they don't take number plates, and the permit is portable card. 
Why not loan your permit to someone who works in town, and charge them a few dollars maybe $30 a week.

Maybe that is what Westhaven are worried about?

How about this...

Since they don't take number plates, and the permit is portable card.

Why not loan your permit to someone who works in town, and charge them a few dollars maybe $30 a week.

Maybe that is what Westhaven are worried about?

Highly likely. Does seem like they could be more careful in how they're managing this though...

that is excatly what happens at Pine Harbour to that point that one berth owner offered a 10% share in his berth an boat for 30k and the advert where along the lines of want a carpark close to the ferry.....  that was one week after the Apartments that were on offer dropped there pants due to lack of interest but removed a carpark from the price and offered them separately at 40k.  All of a sudden the two carparks with my berth have a value attached to them,  I can only ever park in one of them.

Nek minute you can only park in them while on your boat for boating related activities....  Lets see what happens when they try an enforce that

Last year at exactly this time I had a marine sparky working on my boat and he was parked in the white spaces , stayed more than one hour and was ticketed, I protested to the marina office and their pat reply was not us try Wilson parking. Not good enough they have forgotten who paid for this facility and cant opt out of responsibility.

By the way an automatron from Wilsons was going round the marina last night after six looking for cars to ticket, we shall have to see if Westhaven sticks to its published word of not ticketing on race nights.....

Bloody Wilsons - total c*nts.

If they refuse your appeal just do it again. I think they just refuse it the first time and only read what you've got to say once you've shown you are not going to give up. Took me two attempts earlier this year to get a ticket waived. 

The parking time limits at Westhaven are due to the recent developments around beaumont st - they became close, attractive all day carparks for free.

And now with the nice walkway/cycleway as well.

I'd say they have seen evidence that people are leasing out or selling their parking permits.

Now that is a cunning plan, talk about pin a donkey on the tail.

Could be Irish economics but I will put both of my parking permits on Facebook and voila free marina = happy days.

Buy a bike and lose some weight, live and sail longer.

Hark what do I hear, ahh yes Westhaven Marina management issue vehicle registration specific parking permits.

Don’t know what all you other sea creatures are paying to park your pride and joy at Westhaven but I am paying 7 grand a year.

What do I get for the cost of a mild P or cigarette habit, well my little princess is just 7 minutes walk from my multi million dollar Ponsonby mansion and tucked up all safe and watched over by the fantastic dock crew that Westhaven is fortunate to have.

Yup ,I am not weeping into my Stones Green Ginger wine yet but the cost of berthage has had a firm hand in driving the value of craft in general downwards considerably.

It’s a time in memorium angst relationship that berth holders feel endlessly hassled disrespected and rodgered by the marina management and if any of you are part of it and reading my rant remember my 7k is benefiting you and your family.

Respect.

In Wellington I have heard of someone that owns an apartment in the Clyde Quay apartments that bought a marina berth in Chaffers Marina, rented the berth out but kept the car parking pass as it was cheaper than buying an additional carpark in the apartment complex.