More wind damage

This blow seems only slightly less nasty than the 'cyclone' we had a couple of weeks back.

About 11am coming over the harbor bridge there seemed to be a half-sunk boat on the moorings on the N side - anyone know anything?

Any more info?

I thought the same thing a while back, turned out to be a piece of floating pontoon, or so I'm told.

Right at the northern tip of the mooring area.

I couldn't see anything else from the bridge this morning, but I did wonder whether the mighty VB had moved further north than last year

No the VB is in exactly the same spot its always been, and yes there is a pontoon that the sea plane uses some times just N of me by 50m. I believe they park a plane on it when there is no room at wherever they put them usually. 

There is a sunken Spencer 30 (ish) ex-boat upside down on its mooring 50m south of Stealth Mission, its been sinking for a while and I think the last few days finished it off. 

That pontoon has proved to be a bonus this year, the seagulls seem to  prefer landing on that rather than our bows...

If my eyes aren't deceiving me that mostly sunk hull is still visible. I'd have thought someone would have visited it by now if not the owner then the harbourmaster to avoid a problem brewing e.g. half submerged wreck drifting off it's mooring?

I was amazed at the carnage on the river when we were on it this weekend. A good number of sunken vessels (don’t short cut the northern end of the bucks moorings btw! ), drifters - there’s still one on the putty just a few 100m from me at Farm Cove. And I’m sure U-Neek is closer to the starboard channel marker - though John B reckons she’s longer than the previous boat on that mooring.

currently on t/m www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/auction-1514191841.htm?rsqid=99bfb62c79fc42aa957cf2b91b908183

No, different boat. Someone asked in the Q&A. Anyhow, it's sold now.

• Upvote 1