How to dock yer boat

yee farken haw man that was farken awesome... that was amazing... I mean amazingly awsome man. Like I mean I'm awesome and your awesome yeee hawwww!

I think that clip demonstrates the average iq of the power boating fraternity very well

The launch bashing on here gets a bit tiresome and a lot of the luanchies are ex sailors with skills and knowledge far beyond anything you could possibly hope to achieve. 

This forum has changed, it used to be a forum of knowledgeable sailors, sailmakers and associated trades. Now it feels more like daycare for newish sailors with an opinion on everything with a few more experienced and patient participants conducting daily pre-school for a few that want to question the validity rules of the road etc some of which have been in place for hundreds of years.

Give it a rest, you might be surprised  just who has gone to the dark side and loving it, assuming otherwise makes more of an ass out of U not me...

• Upvote 3

We’re not picking on launch owners in all. But some let you down and it doesnt stop it gets worse unsafe and bloody dangerous to some ,, on Friday I was on the cabin top hauling main and a guy flies past in A modern 40 ft thing straight out of the marina I heard him power on passed me just mtr away , I sad down on the cabin top , another yacht was watching and shook his head As the boom swang from side to side and the wave was huge , not trying to seem launch bashing but We yachties have not seen a change in launchies consideration towards other water , yachties , kayakers , walker boarders and others in general see it to ,a Change in the passing rule needs to happen.

Yep, hard to disagree with BNG on that.

One of my earliest sailing memories is being overtaken in my oppi by a certain Mr Bump ???? in his dads tender with the outboard going full noise.

I think we were 10 & 12 at the time.

These days our parents would likely get arrested for letting us do the things we did back then.

I'm not anti Launches at all. I like everything that floats, including ahem, jetskis! What I don't like, is some of the Muppets who operate some boats, totally oblivious of both the rules, and the effects of their actions on others.

Launches are often the sorce of these issues, simply because they can make comparatively big waves.

• Upvote 1

I think that clip demonstrates the average iq of the power boating fraternity very well

I was posting to this comment which altho potentially tongue in cheek probably needed a mention, no reflection on many others on here IT.

I wouldn't pass such a generalised comment on the yachties based on some of the horror story yacht behavior I see quite regularly....there will always be a few newbies or just dickheads in both camps.

Id have to say that the Lady Margaret didnt endear herself to me or the Benny she went between going though Tiri Passage on Friday afternoon.

I wish I had though to take this photo 90 seconds earlier.... there was just no need for it, plenty of room all around us and we were only doing 7 knots.

Sorry not sure why that photo is 90 degrees

IMG_4845.JPG

Not my Lady Margaret, that the 1939 Dick Laing one owned by a very senior Squadron member and Squadron General Committee member.

Mines Colin Wild 1928 and much better looking ;)

As I said, there will always be dickheads as he is no newbie so that only leaves one option.

Take it up with Squadron if you feel strongly about it.

As for all the Launchie bashing don't take it personally. I think it's what we all agreed to.

They call us wind wankers, we call them a lot of other various names, then go over to their boats and drink all their booze and eat all the fish they caught. That was the deal wasn't it?

My issue over the long weekend was mostly yachts, and proximity of anchoring. One anchored so close in front that his dinghy touched my anchor chain.

Next night, similar issue, but not quite so bad. Wtf is wrong with these people?

Although usually yachts move at anchor in a similar manner, that's not always the case, and I like plenty of room. In the first case, I moved, and had to push the other vessel aside to get my anchor. Skipper did not make an appearance, just a crew member.