Next Event - Squaddy Weekend

Deep Purple

Friday night, the House will be at Harris Bay.

Should be good as we have been promised ron's famous Seafood Chowder.

And we have a giant Fred Flinstone Roast Beef for Saturday night.

Should be a great sail up Friday night (20 kt SW) and could be quite fast.

20min ago, there abouts, there were quite a few sails by Rangi light heading north, one of which may have been a multi.

Didn't look like they were flying along really but it may have been the roast chicken division.

What a great weekend, one of the best I've ever had. Racing was interesting to say the least but fun. Hanse's hospitality and breakfasts supreme. Parties were HUGE, never danced so much. Apologies to all the people I crashed into. Fresh fish courtesy Jas, Ron, Helen and Ant. Awesome.

good to hear you enjoyed it! its also good to see the multi fleet doubling in numbers in just one year and rivalling the A div in numbers!

Squaddy weekend has allways been an awesome event and the Commodores cup series is a great series for the multis to stretch there legs a bit.

Anyone know why there were so many DNFs in the multi fleet?

While sanding my new boat in the weekend I was thinkin how good it will be to do squaddy weekend next year in it!

Anyone know why there were so many DNFs in the multi fleet?

There was a cockup in the course instyructions. The downloaded courses had the yachts going around motuora, motuketekete twice but the handbook had us only going round once and then round kawau. We were the only ones to do it right after seeing all the A div keelboats head straight for flat rock and checking all the info (100 times)

That result should not stand if that was the case.

We had written sailing instructions with a different course from the one that SD and A Div did.

According to the published course sheet and sailing instructions. SD and the whole of A Div didn't complete the course.

The race result should not stand if there were two sets of courses

Appart from that, nice day in the sun.

Archived