MPS - should I buy one?

Depends on your boat and your needs.

I bought one when I had my y88 and found that as they're quite mast forward, without the projection of a prod it was only good for a very narrow wind angle range. Much forward of the beam you couldn't fly it cos it's an mps, and much aft of the beam it got sheltered by the main. At 90 degrees it was good. Also good if you didn't put the main up.

If your boat has a smaller main and a more rig aft config then it might work well. If you're a big main small foretriangle config then it'll probably be hard work without a prod.

Another vote for no! MPS means it does everything a bit, nothing well. Get a proper jennaker, an A2if it's the only one. I got rid of an MPS, and got an A2, and the difference is unbelievable. The A2 is my favourite sail, and we use it a lot.

That would depend on the snuffer/ sock, the only ones worth having are the atn ones - fibreglass oval at the base, lines in an external sleeve. Atn or Norths make them...

More modern would be a top down furler, but I use atn socks on both my A2 and my kite, when single handed. It’s slower, but reliable.

I had a mps on a 26ft and worked for me,good reaching particular when to shy for the kite,and while cruising main stayed down and sailed mainly on the mps,could even pole it like a kite but was a bit ugly.easy to single handed,a sock would of been nice.

Just a distant memory, I've seen Ann mps set from a conventional pole, which gave really good performance.

They even knew how to gybe it, I still have no clue how they did that.

I guess you could set it up as a standard mps, and just add a pole and brace for those ling deep reaches?