20180325_173755.jpg

After 9 years and sh*t tons of fun, I'm putting RB on the market - who's keen? PM me so I know it comes from Crew.org and can get Matt his fees if I'm lucky.

Selling due to moving on to next phase of boating - bigger things that can't be done in a R830. However, gonna miss this shorthanded weapon of a boat. Annnnd, little known fact, she cruises well too!

TradeMe Listing:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1581893383&ed=true

Full Listing I wrote before having to cut down for TradeMe below:

For Sale:

Ross 830

Revolution Blues

Sail # 5265

Berthed at Westhaven

$22,000 ono

Revolution Blues is a refined Ross 830, which is one of the sweetest hulls drawn by NZ’s Murray Ross. She has a ca. 1986 foam-core GRP construction, with kevlar reinforcements in the hull. A 7/8th fractional sloop by birth, she’s been modified with a 2m bowsprit (‘prod’) for asymmetrics and jumpers for running masthead extras. To fill the 10-15 knot gap upwind a #2 was added. She has a swept rig, with running backstays that are only required for tuning and in the heavy airs. She retains her self-tacking #3 and a #2 has been added to bridge between #1 and #3 in moderate winds. Extra displacement was added with a ‘strap on’ bulb - giving improved shorthanded stability and the option to run larger sails.

Revolution Blues is currently set up as a racer/cruiser, perfect for the Auckland Scene:

For racing: Revolution Blues has won many series and races and been on the podium of a good number of the rest. She has been Cat 3 for much of my ownership and competes with larger boats and often gets the better of them - especially when racing shorthanded. Due to an efficient setup and a self-tacking #3 she is a weapon for singlehanded racing. When in race mode she planes and surfs readily, with fractional and masthead spinnakers and a masthead gennaker - which leads to some fast speeds downwind. However, her real advantage is upwind, where she has a few points on the pure 8m downwind boats, especially in heavy airs. It’s no surprise that she’s the current top Ross 830 on Racetrack.

For cruising: My family and friends have cruised in Revolution Blues from the Bay of Islands to the Bay of Plenty, with no corner of the Hauraki Gulf untouched. She has all of the gear required as a ‘pocket cruiser’ to comfortably and safely  - from an oversized Manson Supreme anchor, an efficient galley with a built-in fridge, a built in head with a holding tank, a grunty autopilot, expandable berths (3-6 depending on setup), loads of storage, a solar power system, 80L water storage, new and refreshed squabs, a boom tent, a great stereo, an open layout inside, and more.

After many happy years of ownership the time has come to move on to a bigger boat for ‘bigger’ aspirations. Who’s the lucky next owner? I would like to see this on to a new owner that appreciates a boat of the vintage that is ready for adventures and fun - hence selling as a complete package. Currently at Westhaven - if the purchaser needs a Westhaven berth the current one might be available, best to enquire with the Marina Management.

$22k takes the lot and at full price I’ll throw in a year’s membership at Richmond Yacht Club if the goal is to continue to sail at Westhaven. Offers for part of the complete kit will be entertained, but only as a negotiation as to inclusions. Better pictures to come soon.

Features and Improvements::

• #1 (Norths), #2 (Royden), #3 (Norths), Main (Norths)

• #4 (Hood) storm sail

• Masthead and fractional spinnakers

• Masthead gennaker

(All sails above in good condition)

• Other sails available, in various conditions

• 4 x Self-tailing winches and handles

• Updated deck and running hardware

• Control lines led to cockpit, full set of clutches and blocks on cabin top

• Spinklok Joystick tiller extension

• 2m carbon fibre rotating prod and rigging

• Mast and running rigging refurbished (2016)

• Masthead jumpers and halyard added

• Boom replaced

• Spinnaker pole replaced

• Most lines upgraded

• Replaced main and self-tacker tracks

• Lead bulb added to keel to improve stability (previous owners)

• Substantial fairing done on underwater spars to improve efficiency

• Auxillary is a 9.8 hp Tohatsu longshaft outboard (workhorse, lightest available at ~10 hp)

• Motor on Tenob bracket with easy lift setup

• Motors in most conditions at 5 knots at ~2L/hr (can go up to 7, or punch into larger seas if need be)

• Petrol tanks: 1 x 24L, 1 x 12L, spare cans. (can carry ~50L in lazarettes for cruising)

• Dinghy: Aquapro Superlight SLR-860 (aluminum RIB)

• 2 hp Yamaha dinghy motor and mount

• 7 x squabs, foam and some covers new - converts from 3 singles, + 1-2 berths in the front (how big are you), + full area berth option for cabin (single goes  to a double) - so 6 berths possible (3 is comfy, 6 is tight but I've done it!)

• Removable galley table

• Marine head with holding tank

• Carpeting for floor

• Boom tent

• 2-burner ENO Cooktop with certified gas line installed

• 2 x 40L flexible water bags, plumbed through foot pump to sink and rinse hose

• Built-in 12V 41L Frigdetech refrigerator (removable for racing)

• Electrics: 130 Amp-hr battery with battery monitor, most bulbs are LEDs with plenty of lights and 12V sockets

• Marine electronics: Raymarine masthead wind speed and direction, boat speed log, depth sounder in hull, all wired into two displays in cockpit and integrated with the ST200+ tiller pilot. Fancy electronic gyro compass (good for singlehanded autopilot use) also integrated via SeaTalk interface box that can also take data and commands via RS-232. Velocitek ProStart (for SOG)

• Stereo: Modern stereo head unit with 4 x  Fusion speakers

• Safety: 6 lifejackets (3 x inflatable and 3x foam), 2 x horseshoe buoys with whistles, drogue and light, jackstays, medical kit, some charts and other guides, fixed VHF, 4 x dry powder fire extinguishers, bosun’s chair, flares, etc - boat should be able to get Cat 3 given I’ve had it multiple times in the past - just need to do the obligatory stock take and refresh of old/missing items.

• Other spares as can be found (motor bits, sails, fittings, lines, blocks, etc…)

• Results:

• 2017 1st SSANZ Two-handed Triple Series

• 2016 5th Coastal Classic (we were robbed! But a fun race at 12+ knots for hours on end!)

• 2014-15 1st RYC Singlehanded Series

• 2012-13 1st RYC Singlehanded Series

• 2012 1st SSANZ Two-handed Triple Series

• Plus countless wins and podiums in shorthanded, cruising, wednesday and winter series, and whole lot of fun had the rest of the time!

Keywords: Sailboat, Yacht, Ross, Elliot, Young, Wright, Davidson, Stratus, 830, 930, 770, 88, 28, Marauder, sportboat, racer, cruiser, dolphins, fast, fun

I can confirm.  Awesome wee boat - I've a had barrel of fun on her and even been kissed by the boom!  Good value for money too.  I'll look forward to the next one Bryon - wouldn't happen to be about 40'? 

• Upvote 1

FLC: She's getting all dolled-up, so no chance for racing to barrier! 

(fortunately I'll be a different boat for that one!)

The pics on the TradeMe have been updated, check em out here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1581893383&ed=true

Good interest thus far! If you're lurking, contact me, would be happy to show you the boat.