Great weekend

Great weekend here. We had the Cuvier island race with TYPBC where we couldn't quite beat Truxton to the finish. Apart from a short period where the wind died out it was champagne sailing. We'll get you next time Willow!

After the race I dropped the crew off at Whitianga and cruised over to Mayor. I had amazing vis at the marine reserve for snorkelling, and a beut walk to the lake on monday for a swim. 

What a way to see the summer off!

Cruising Easter

Left ocean beach, Motuihe about 1515hrs on the nose for the channel with the wind from NE at 6-8kts. Throgh the channel we clocked 100deg. to port on STB tack and from deep running to on the nose to the SSW. PredictWind's observations showed we were smack in the middle of the squeeze. Gave up and motorsailed home.

Interesting wind directions wind from kawau was south on the nose , returning from te kouma on the nose thought you would had a reach some had 20 kts some none

Some on the nose some reaching. The puffs came from sw and the constant from ssw. 12 to 15kn but very light in the middle of the firth. Some puffs probably a bit more than 15kn. All good though.

I like these threads....reminds me of what I can look forward when I finally get my yacht refit done and can splash.

Are we not truly blessed to have the Hauraki Gulf on our doorstep?