Great weekend

On Navionics at the right zoom, for boats coming South towards the Gulf, they are warned: It says 'Area to be Avoided'. So the riff raft coming in should stay away...

Areatoavoid.jpg

Had a great weekend over at Te Kouma and back via Waiheke. Good sailing, good company, awesome. Poked our nose into Oneroa Sunday on our way back from the 'Mandel and have never seen it so busy. Rather than play bumper-boats in the night, we opted for around the corner in Owhanake instead.

1.jpg

7.JPG

20180401_092207.jpg

20180401_144959.jpg

20180402_070643.jpg

20180402_162459.jpg

122.JPG

there's only been one Americas Cup Trimaran, in 2010. What a great boat! But not so good for cruising...

She's in raft up mode. 

the ama's / foils are hiding under the boat.

You mean this one, I had a look at her a couple of weeks ago while in San Francisco. 

29244069_362232650921281_7239879680554172416_n.jpg

29214324_362232627587950_4165211618113748992_n.jpg

Yes philstar I was intrigued to see Oracle still proudly on display at Redwood a few weeks ago!

This weekend is equally good if not better - better sailing breeze and here in Onetangi we have about 8 boats right now!

What sort of drone you use, Vorps?

I have no idea what kind of drone it is - the pics were emailed to me from the guy in the little orange TS that was anchored inside us. Son #1 has just bought one the same and its being collected in next day or so , I'll let you know when it arrives.

I have no idea what kind of drone it is - the pics were emailed to me from the guy in the little orange TS that was anchored inside us. Son #1 has just bought one the same and its being collected in next day or so , I'll let you know when it arrives.

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

It was a DJI Spark, new full retail with controller around $1200ish, can be had cheaper if you use your phone as controller but you don't get the full range/altitude. Mathew picked one up sans controller for $400. I will have a play with it during the week and maybe start a drone thread.