Shane strikes again

Thames Coromandel facebook group I belong to sprung into life today with the story of Shane getting shipwrecked at Port Jackson this week and losing his boat. The question was asked by a friend of the person that had taken him in up there. 100 posts later of people that had mainly been ripped off by him, the thread got deleted.

He's NZ's equivalent of Rimas who provides so much entertainment on Sailing Anarchy.

Judging by the deflections it looks like you got the Jones fanboys excited Puff :razz:

Who are you talking about KM?

this isn't a political thread, fairly sure they aren't talking about Shane Jones, NZ First MP and face-palm reining champion.

PS, political threads are now only allowed in the smalltalk section way way way down the page near canal boating and Yachting NZ...

This is marine talk, where marine stuff is discussed.

His boss is a thieving lieing arsehole so his lackys being of the same mold should come no surprise.

I'm afraid you completely lost me(and probably a lot of others) here KM, pretty sure the thread is about the former owner of a variant with a wood burner, and then a big schooner, last heard of running for cover

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately  I left my decoder ring at home, and we were away last winter avoiding Rimas when he disappeared at Texas reef by Rabi , Phew , near miss.

So I don't know what Shanes boat is or what he's been up to over that period.

Hi Puff, one of my Coromandel attached sisters was telling me tales of unhappy people with relation to this individual.  She was fascinated by the connection here.  

In reflection on the likes of Shane (and even the crazy Russian) I sometimes think that I've been a bit too reserved over the years/not taken enough risk, but then the worst I've ever done to a boat is crack the c/b case hitting the Milford reef many, many years ago (and many other's have done much worse getting in there)

there is a zone of confusion about some people

you darn't get drawn into

a vortex 

up is down, in is out

yours is mine 

the truth a concept acknowledged

but rarely relating to

the spinner's frame of mind

when I was in touch with him via F/b one page had him from Tokoroa then next one he said to contact him on was he was from Paeroa, whats more his surname changed accordingly which page he was using.

Nope and nope.

He supposedly had a head injury. but he comes across as fairly normal. Possibly far more normal than some of us here maybe. The concern is whether he is genuine, or a con artist, which would mean he is a lot smarter than some give him credit for.
What is obvious is that he has an income from somewhere far beyond what he says he has and what he says people give him. He is not telling the truth. I and I am sure others do not care if he lives off handouts and is out there doing it. But living off handouts at the cost of upsetting every single person he comes across because they realise they have been taken advantage of and when he has financial support from elsewhere is another story.

Out come the pitchforks!

Hasn't the boy got mental health issues?

No pitchforks here,some here have met him,some have communicated with him when he needed help/advice. When one is prepared to drive out of the way (100km) to help him at the start you dont turn around start messaging with obscenities.