Importing a boat back to Nz from Aus

My last 2 trips in, both from Aussie, attracted attention by NZ border people in aircraft. One was a low level fly by around 300nm off the coast and the other was similar and included a VHF chat, that was just below North Cape.

In the chat they asked who we were, who was on board, where we were going and that sort of stuff. When I said 'Opua' they replied 'But you wrote Auckland on the paperwork'. It was 100% clear they knew who we were, our destination and all that before they spoke to us.

The chat was from a Chieftain aircraft (smaller twin engine) with no official markings and it was very arse weather. They were down at 200-300ft getting the crap kicked out of them. In the back we could see at least 2 sets of binoculars in use.

You'd be a knut job to try and slide in unseen these days. You may just do it, and I'm sure some have, but the chances of being caught are bigger now than ever before and getting more so each day.

Yep same, was about 10 years ago returning from 3 kings fishing trip and similar aircraft low level called us on vhf just south of North Cape

I had a good look at Kick as well, but when you factor in the exchange rate, shipping (or sailing) duty, gst etc it’s getting up to what you would pay for one here. I think I’ll just wait for an NZ based one to come on the market - a whole lot easier. I did like the cockpit layout on Kick though - so maybe.......

I had a good look at Kick as well, but when you factor in the exchange rate, shipping (or sailing) duty, gst etc it’s getting up to what you would pay for one here. I think I’ll just wait for an NZ based one to come on the market - a whole lot easier. I did like the cockpit layout on Kick though - so maybe.......

Depends on how you intend on shipping, sailing is inexpesive if you have a keen bunch of mates or people up for and adventure. Duty is not applicable only Gst after many different stories.

What did the last 1050 sell for NZ?

Been sitting in Te Kouma for the last couple of days, yesterday had a visit from the brand new Customs powercat.  They were friendly but wanted to know boat's name, where from, origin of boat etc etc.  Then they sat nearby for 15 minutes and obviously ran all the facts through their supercomputer.  They are watching us....

Nice boat, very similar to the Police launch and a steal for $4.6m.