New Mercury 9.9 Hi Thrust extra long shaft (25") at bargain price.

New Merc 9.9 'Command Thrust' four stroke outboard is available. Brand new in 2017.

Please don't confuse the 'Command Thrust' with your standard cheaper new Merc 9.9 four strokes.

This sucker has all the bells and whistles you can think of (except power tilt, but it's super easy to manually tilt so I declined on the extra cost and weight of adding power tilt), such as: 

**Electric Start AND Manual Start for ultimate start reliability

**Gear shift AND throttle both on the tillers twist grip...no acrobats reaching off the stern to change gears

**High thrust prop especially designed for displacement hulls like sailboats.

**Larger Gearcase ratio of 2:42:1 - basically a 15hp gear case on a 9.9 leg

**25 inch ultra long shaft so you prop won't come out of the water when you get bounced around by ferry chop, or you get caught in some nasty wind and waves and need all that power down below without cavitation.

**Alternator so you can charge battery while motoring

Cost me $5,800 new  from Gulfland Marine in Whangaparaoa in early 2017.

It has only been test run for an hour in a fresh water bucket - so its basically still brand spanking new.

Still under warranty.

The only reason I am selling is aesthetics.  I just think the 9.9 hp looks too big off the stern of the little yacht that I own (and which I am currently in the midst of a three year refurbishment of).

So my loss is your gain.

Full details about the Mercury Command Thrust engines are here at: https://www.mercurymarine.com/en-gb/nz/engines/outboard/fourstroke/command-thrust-99-60/

- click on the 9.9hp

IMG_20171022_143043 (2).jpg

fs_9-9ct_3-4_port.png__510x0_q85_autocrop_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale.png