What do we know about the Elliott 1050’s?

I am really interested to hear about the history, the differences, weights and anything you know about all the 1050’s and hopefully I will learn something about Kick along the way?

And go....

Kick’s builder/first owner Ian Harvey and plenty of other guys who sailed on her are still around the BBYC area (Ian may be up in the islands on his yacht by now). Easy to put you in touch with them. You know about the cockpit mods, also the keel was quite different to the standard jandal (maybe the same as backchat?) and I believe the mast is taller than all the other boats. The boat needs the runners on to perform.

Plenty of info around on the others, there have been lots that have had keel mods and various prod and square top setups.

With Fineline, Spearhead and Kick imported back here now, I wonder if there are any more in Aus.

Kick’s builder/first owner Ian Harvey and plenty of other guys who sailed on her are still around the BBYC area (Ian may be up in the islands on his yacht by now). Easy to put you in touch with them. You know about the cockpit mods, also the keel was quite different to the standard jandal (maybe the same as backchat?) and I believe the mast is taller than all the other boats. The boat needs the runners on to perform.

Plenty of info around on the others, there have been lots that have had keel mods and various prod and square top setups.

With Fineline, Spearhead and Kick imported back here now, I wonder if there are any more in Aus.

There is a 10.5 cheap compared to the one forsale in NZ. http://www.yoti.com.au/listing/elliott-10-5-high-anxiety

Yes rig is definately taller and hear it was 790mm taller and she was launched with a deeper keel without jandal, unsure if the current keel is the original? And also raised cockpit with out seats.

I may be wrong but heard Ian is the foremena for Craig Partridge Yachts? Or is that old news?

Heres what I understand of mine:

Gale Force was built in 1994(?) launched in Wellington. Has had a new keel and rudder, perhaps in 2009?  A prod was added, probably similar time.  She has a big squaretop main (and a pinhead cruising main). Masthead sails were added at some point, so she fractional and masthead runners.

I have owned her 1 year now,m and love it.  Quite a change from blatting around in a GBE, but an awesome cruiser and she seems go OK on the race track sometimes

At one point Wellington had a heap of 1050's; Backchat, Chain Reaction, Gale Force, Cutting Edge, Rockstar to go with an even bigger fleet of Y11's.

Picking up on Mark's post earlier about overseas boats, E1050 Crocodile Rock is in NZ, she lives at either HMB or Pine Harbour Marinas and looking very nice.  She doesn't race any more.

There is also a Sandringham (VIC) based cruiser version "Unique" that is (or was) listed with Sundance Marine in Australia

What is different about Back Chat?

What is different about Back Chat?

Just the bulb and maybe the keel fin I think, someone with better knowledge will be able to confirm - it might be the same as the one on Kick (that was what I understood).  Later NZ keel upgrades have the skinny 'T Keel'/bulb like High Voltage, Pretty Woman, Second Nature and Gale Force which I recall are all pretty similar.  Spearhead has a different keel, it was done in Australia.

This is Kicks keel, not the latest design but step up from the Jandal and has the diesel tank in the fin.

Draught of 2.3 which i believe is a common depth for the new keel?

Unsure if this is the original keel or not?

Gale Force Keel looks like the high voltage one. I was told the backchat keel was original fin with new bulb? you might have the same meister.

Where is back chat these days? She doesn’t show on race track.

Pretty Woman, high Voltage and Gale Force and maybe one other? all had same keel and fin done around same time.

Kicks looks a lot like the bulb Trubi put on Pork Chop after he cut the jandle off with a chain saw at Pier 21.. or so a couple of old diggers have told me over the years.

[quote name="Veladare" post="206536" timestamp=

Kicks looks a lot like the bulb Trubi put on Pork Chop after he cut the jandle off with a chain saw at Pier 21.. or so a couple of old diggers have told me over the years.

Pork chop has the torpedo like High Voltage.