B&G Simrad Series Overall...

Cameron

Hi All,

Check out

http://www.ssanz.co.nz/results.html?id=47

Online is the first draft version of the results. I figured I can spend all night double checking or just release it to you guys and find out all my stuff ups in a fraction of the time ! Please be nice and email me about any errors

thorpecameron@xtra.co.nz

P.s Who can work out the tie break in the multi' ? I figure they have done the ultimate job of sharing it round... one boat gets line, another takes handicap and yet another gets the mighty Sundreamer cup !

P.s Who can work out the tie break in the multi' ? I figure they have done the ultimate job of sharing it round... one boat gets line, another takes handicap and yet another gets the mighty Sundreamer cup !

Cool!

We are a friendly lot and like to share you see! :D

4468462925_73f69efb91_m.jpg

Borderline, Tigre and This Way Up raft up by Clive Wright, on Flickr

Hi All,

Check out

http://www.ssanz.co.nz/results.html?id=47

Online is the first draft version of the results. I figured I can spend all night double checking or just release it to you guys and find out all my stuff ups in a fraction of the time ! Please be nice and email me about any errors

thorpecameron@xtra.co.nz

On line overall with three boats tied on 7 points the tie is broken in favour of the boat with the most firsts is it not?

i.e. Hooters overall on line points

On line overall with three boats tied on 7 points the tie is broken in favour of the boat with the most firsts is it not?

i.e. Hooters overall on line points

am inclined to agree.

SHORTHAUL

In a 3 race series, surely to get a place then a yacht MUST complete ALL 3 races.

Currently Pahi is 3rd but both Panacea and The Pirate completed all 3 races.

Pahi, although very well sailed, had a DNF in R2.

The same situation has occurred in the Shorthaul IRC Div.

In the Farr 1020 Div, Penury's 2 x DNF's are placed above a single DNF of The V Team.

In Longhaul Div 2, Future Feedback has 2 x DNFs and is ranked above yachts Flojo & Outrageous Fortune with only 1 DNF.

Certainly where several yachts have a DNF, then their points from the other two races will produce understandable results. e.g. Smallboat Tracker and Reactor Divisions.

SHORTHAUL

In a 3 race series, surely to get a place then a yacht MUST complete ALL 3 races.

From the SI's

13.2 A boat shall start in all races to be eligible for series points. This amends Rule A4.2. Any boat

not starting all races will be removed from all series points’ calculations. This will result in

all boats finishing behind such a boat in a given race being promoted a place in that race

in series calculations.

Starting is compulsory, finishing is optional ;)

Archived