Farr 6000 refurbishing: floor crack..., new lining, hardwood removal

Hi,

2 years after purchasing my Farr 6000, I decided to start refurbishing some parts of the inside before summer.

Today we started ripped things out, the old carpet wall lining desintegrating in dust and some other bits.

1. As we took out a board on the floor behind below the cockpit and supporting the battery, we discovered a crack across the whole width of the floor. please see photos attached (boat crack, boat crack 4).

Question: it seems quite significant but we wonder if it needs attention or not and if put the boat structure at risk??? What would be the type of repair needed...?

2. There is another wee crack at the level of the bulkhead that was roughly fixed by a previous owner... would this need to be reviewed...? the brown filling/seal seen on photo is hard. see attached photos (boat crack 5, boat crack 6)

3. Now we have the boat old lining taken out, the redish adhesive is left on the wall, what is the best way to take it out and prepare the surface for new lining? see attached photos (old lining adhesive)

4. electrical cable have been left quite loose around the boat. What is best way to duct or tack them cleanily around the boat?

5. Finally, I want to repaint, possibly varnish the companionway and the hard grooves/slot screwed on the cabin exterior. I have not yet tried to unscrew it, but I wanted to know how the gently remove the hardwood piece without damaging it knowing it is certainly glued with some sealant which is 40 years old probably...? see attached photo (companionway hardwood slot)

Thanks in advance for all your precious help!

Damien (located in Marlborough)

boat crack.jpg

boat crack 4.jpg

boat crack 5.jpg

boat crack 6.jpg

old lining adhesive (1).jpg

loose cable.jpg

companonway hardwood slot (2).jpg

Re the hull liner/fracture/seperation ..... see if you can work how that relates to supports or rollers on the trailer. Often the hull liner is damaged by pressure from supports on the trailer. The hull maybe soft there too.

Looks like the wiring was held by the adhesive tags ... replace with new ones as MK mentioned.

Removing the woodwork maybe a real issue, sanding in place is often a better way to go.

Great to see these boats been restored.

I got into grinding the floor and ended up on a little piece of wood which makes the support between the hull and the floor. I decided to get rid of it and restart clean to rebuild a proper well finished join between hull and floor.

So I need to replace this wood bit (which only small probably 700-800mm long by 50-60mm high). Would Kwila from the timber yard do the job? I was thinking of fixing it back on the hull with epoxy filler.

Removing the woodwork maybe a real issue, sanding in place is often a better way to go.

When refinishing the companionway woodwork on my F6 I found the screws came out easily and the wood came away no problem. Sanding in-situ guarantees scratched gelcoat!