diesel outboards

just for weight? i'd think you'd have to carry almost as much diesel. those yammies weight what, 35-40 kg each?

so at the moment you're maybe 160 kg engines + fuel.

given the weight of the diesel outboards, even if you only had 20 litres of diesel you would have added weight all up, and I can't imagine that's enough fuel.

I don't know much about diesel outboards other than what has recently been in the boating mag. They are supposed to be cheaper over the life of hte outboard, but only in hard working applications, i.e. commercial

Or if you want high torque at lower speeds.

But I only thought they cam in 50 hp, 200 (or 250) and 350 (or something like that) All from different suppliers.

I've never heard of a 15 Hp diesel outboard. (I've never looked, either, mind you)

www.alibaba.com/product-detail/The-price-of-a-small-fishing_60625107765.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.5.41003c30ZSWM0G

They do exist but I cannot find a yamaha dealer in NZ/overseas who has them.

The above site has afew but would you trust them??yambisi

Petrol isn't so bad if you have the vents systems etc to deal with it.  Power to weight wise and Yam 9.9 high thrusts are the go-to option for that power range for cats. If you wanted to go bigger the next step up is the Honda 20hp. Yam also do a High thrust 25 which is what we've got on VB.

Schionning wilderness 11

Congratulations, that is a bloody nice boat. I had a  look over her 18 months or so ago. The outboard installation is nicely done, but it didn't seem like a lot of room in the wells for going much bigger. Delacruz has a couple of Yamabisi petrol engines - maybe he'll chime in with an opinion.