Reinforcing wooden centreboard

I've been given an old wooden centreboard to go with my Javelin and given that I'm 110kg when dry, I'm keen to make sure it is strong enough not to break when I stand on the end of it when righting the boat.

As a result I've been looking at ways to reinforce it. It is made of laminated pine by the look of it. Is it worth using carbon fibre UD tape or could I get away with using fibreglass?

Cheers,

Chris

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

The board is about 15mm thick and I would be standing about 1.2m out from the hull.

For those of you that have carbon tape on the centreboard, does it cover the whole width or just a strip down the widest point on the board?

Cheers,

Chris

I have made a couple for sunbursts from wood with strips of uni carbon (400 gm) about 50 mm wide, router out a channel each side down the middle a run 2 lengths of carbon 50% of board length from the top, 2 more 75% and 2 more full lengt then glass over the lot at 45 degree basis cloth. the channel can be stepped to suit the thickness of the carbon strips.

I think it was 400 gm, it was I picked up. ;-)