Dehler 30 OD

Its designed to look fashionable, and some of these European scale button Open 60's mite do okay but they defiantly aren't show stoppers.

Delher 30 Displacment 2500KG, Gennkaer 85sqm

Shaw 30 Displacement 1800KG (with crew) Gennaker 120sqm 

My money is on the Shaw, and its an offshore racer - Rob sailed it 2 handed around the north island  :thumbup:

i love karma police , deep throttle , blink etc and also Anarchy and crusader . yeah they would smoke the pants off any production boat but at 450-800k they will remain the domain of very successful dashing types .

i reckon the dehler and fareast are the modern day equivalent of the factory E 1050 and if you adjust for inflation actually cheaper than what the E 1050s were new.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              https://www.elliott-marine.com/assets/Uploads/Elliott1050-prettywoman-cruising-yacht-design-marine-GregElliott-keelboat.pdf

What year was that? Remarkable when you think about it today that 9 new 34fters of a single class could hit the water in a single summer. And as you imply, we can't really blame the cost.

Bit like comparing the First 30 with a new 88 eight years ago, same price here and the first looked very sexy till you realise that it is approx 1500kg heavier than an 88 and cant do what the hull shape appeared to promise - at least while production built .

In fairness, the First 30 was not one of Beneteau's better efforts.  The Figaro and Figaro II are probably better comparisons

A little bit interesting Dehler have decided to get into the offshore short handed market with the recent/upcoming Figaro III, albeit I'm to be convinced the foils on the F3 are much more than a marketing gimic.