2019 SSANZ Round New Zealand race

Send it originates from a viral Facebook video posted on March 1st, 2017. The short clip features a stuntman nicknamed Larry Enticer who utters memorable catch phrases before jumping his snowmobile. “Are you silly?” he asks, before claiming that he’s “still gonna send it” despite the dark and frigid conditions outside. Larry proceeds to crash his snowmobile.

At the hen already, fast ride north.

Send it, or sending it has had been around for years. Always thought it had its roots in sending the mail on the fastest stagecoach available, no reference for this so I might have just made it up myself after a few rums

At the hen already, fast ride north.

Send it, or sending it has had been around for years. Always thought it had its roots in sending the mail on the fastest stagecoach available, no reference for this so I might have just made it up myself after a few rums

Sounds legit.

They're smoking. 5 hours ish to the hen would be roughly up with record pace for a coastal classic for those boats. And they're only 2 up.

Send it originates from a viral Facebook video posted on March 1st, 2017. The short clip features a stuntman nicknamed Larry Enticer who utters memorable catch phrases before jumping his snowmobile. “Are you silly?” he asks, before claiming that he’s “still gonna send it” despite the dark and frigid conditions outside. Larry proceeds to crash his snowmobile.

My first introduction to the term was in New Zealand in 2011 I think... But I may be wrong

So they've had a good run overnight too.

0600 update to tracker shows motorboat turning the corner 3 miles out from the finish, just ahead of titanium. Then followed by Krakatoa then gale force neck and neck with Katana, then copellia then arbitaire.

Looking light for the midday start here in Mangonui - maybe they'll get an afternoon sea breeze to see them out. We'll be live streaming the start again on Facebook - for those that don't like FB you can watch it from the SSANZ website. 

Will also let you know how the hangovers are this morning or whether #getoutofdodgebeforeOMA meant a quiet night on Motorboat 11....

On the tracker you need to click on the drop down tab at the top of your screen to change to leg two to be able to follow the great race south into the southern ocean

Next stop 47deg south, hope they packed their thermals

Don't think Krakatoas tracker is playing up... Just not so good in super light airs and then the breeze has started to fill in from the West so they got it last.

Titanium isn't doing so badly though?

Titanium looks like they have made a choice to hug the coast and it's not working so well for them. Time will tell. I see Krakatoa is back up and running. That must have been very frustrating... Lot's of time yet on this leg! I have to say, Josh and Damon have got that boat going extremely well.

0730 positions this morning

Big game of short ladders and long snakes last night

Arbitare/ZMG3353 Email 34-29S 172-34E Participant All Well

Coppelia/ZM4190 HF RT 34-31S 172-32E Participant Clear of Cape Brett slight and sloppy there. Good speed now

Gale Force/ZMV5583 Email 34-37.51S 172-28.813E Participant All well

Katana/ ZMU8494 Email 34-28.6S 172-33.9E Participant All Well

Krakatoa Ii/ZMU8245 Email 34 21.986S 172 55.178E Participant Very slow night, spent seven hours in a hole with zero boat speed, moving again now

Motorboat Ii/ZMX3600 Email 34-39S 172-16E Participant All well

Titanium/ZMG3095 Email 34-40.13S 172-37.56E Participant All well