2019 SSANZ Round New Zealand race

I’m a bit pissed this race doesn’t get coverage on the evening news in the sport segment

Plenty of obscure crap about rugby

???  Wash your mouth out with Joseph Kutz!!!   :razz: :razz:

Lucky we have that interweb thingy

If your not getting leg two on the tracker a few have had difficulties

Click on the top right tab in the centre of the app and you can select the current leg.

What's happening with the results?

Leg 1 Auckland-Mongonui results table shows Motorboat II 1st for both line and corrected time.

But when you view via tracker it shows Motorboat II with 1st on PHRF but 2nd on line. And Titanium holds 1st on line and 2nd on PHRF?

Or am I looking at it wrong?

What's happening with the results?

Leg 1 Auckland-Mongonui results table shows Motorboat II 1st for both line and corrected time.

But when you view via tracker it shows Motorboat II with 1st on PHRF but 2nd on line. And Titanium holds 1st on line and 2nd on PHRF?

Or am I looking at it wrong?

On the tracker all handicaps are the same

On the tracker all handicaps are the same

We are slowly getting the handicaps sorted on the YB Trackers but at best it’s an indercator

All official results will be posted on ssanz.co.nz under results

I’m a bit pissed this race doesn’t get coverage on the evening news in the sport segment

Plenty of obscure crap about rugby

Apart from those on this site,who would know there was a race??same as coastal classic,sure airtime is expensive but YNZ could spend some coin on a dying sport.

it is in todays YNZ breifings...articles on Sally Garrett and also motorboat...why the negativity... on another note. A 17 year old kiwi girl Alice Robinson has just won the Alpine skiing Giant Slalom Junior World champs at her first attempt- a significant victory.

YNZ have no interest in local boating, it's not what they are there for. 

Unfortunately to get any MSM coverage you need have a connection to the AC or have one of the fleet sink in a name storm.

But they squeal if late paying club levy.

Re the YNZ negativity

Angus came on YNZ time and spent a day checking over the boats prior to RNZ

We call it a safety check but it’s more a chat and have you done this or thought of that, plus how will you handle this situation. An independent third party overview of there systems.

I know keel boat clubs put into YNZ a substantial amount of money but I think we can be our own worst enemy on this one, for instance when was the last time you as a keel boat club asked YNZ for help ?

I think our expectations are low and they get fulfilled, the more I’ve ask YNZ for assistance the more I’ve received as a race organiser.

More simple put if we aren’t asking for specific help they will spend their money and time assisting the ones who do.

Just my 2 pence worth

• Upvote 1

I’m thinking two boats have made one call and perhaps two others are making another

The other 3 are either working into or out of holes

Will be very interesting to see if working the inshore coastal effects or the buffalo girl will pay off.

After doing the last one I’m of the thought the I would go wide then bang the corner, but it’s fascinating how fast the systems come at that corner and therefore if you hit it right your going to be walking forward on the travelator, however if you don’t strike it right you will be running into it.

• Upvote 1