2019 SSANZ Round New Zealand race

What sail did you donate to the Stewart Island shopping bag making industry?

Was it time for the sail to be donated, or is it a sensitive subject and too soon to talk about it?

I believe it was the large square top main. Damaged somewhere down the west coast. Leg 3 successfully completed by clipper using his cruising main.

I'm at a bit of a loss with what to do at work today without refreshing the tracker all the time...

I believe it was the large square top main. Damaged somewhere down the west coast. Leg 3 successfully completed by clipper using his cruising main.

That sounds like it fits under the heading of 'sensitive subject, too soon to talk about it...'

OK then to put it in language used by real old people who must be very close to considering which Ryman Seniors Battery Farming facility to move into...................

Did Gale Force shred it's mainsail last night as I am being told by people who saw something on facebook?

Unlikely. They were in the marina in Napier.

Square top lasted just a few days in leg two which wasn’t unexpected but hoped that it would get further round.

Sails that may be used must be carried for entire race unless permission is given to remove a damaged sail.

Stewart Is isn’t the place to race into and dump your rubbish for multiple reasons.

Gale Force asked if they could remove the sail from on board and where told that they could only leave it on the island if they could get someone to take it for recycling

So that’s why now when you visit the island you will be able to buy an exotic handbag KM

• Upvote 3

Re Krakatoa

One of the co-skipper has been injured in a fall, so they turned back to seek medical help. He has now been sent to hospital for a medical check, outlook is ok but he won’t be sailing this leg by the looks.

Please respect the the families wishes for privacy at this point.

Motorboat 2 has closed on Titanium overnight

Yesterday afternoon Arbitare had the smoke come out of their starter motor so are now unable to start the motor for battery charging, initially thought of heading for Gisborne but have decided to carry on now, lucky they are carrying a backup power supply as per NoR

Krakatoa are hoping to resume racing this morning

Tracker suggests its really fluky out there with the leaders almost parked up but the tail-enders closing back up.

But nowcasting for their area shows NW11-16 kts.

It was a pretty painful night with sail changes and tacks all night for very little miles covered. We banked on the overnight SW on the Coro coast but it only lasted for a few hours and actually filled through and stayed outside us for longer. Almost at whitianga with 7kts of northerly. Will be interesting at the next cross which will be after the mercs I think. Something tells me that we will all be in the same hole at some time before the finish.

At least it's a nice day out here.

• Upvote 4