Ultra Swivel

I have an issue with my anchor.  Currently no swivel installed as I don't have a lot of faith in them, only a shackle however the anchor almost always comes up upside down.  

I'm thinking of installing a Ultra Swivel as a friend has had great results doing this.  

See Link:  https://www.ultramarinewest.com/products/ultra-flip-swivel

However they are very expensive so wanted to hear what people think?  

I've tried the anchor straightener but no luck it's too big to fit on my boat and does not play well in the anchor locker. 

So anyone using one and how do they work so far? 

Any other options?  Cheers Team.  

KM answers are:  

Rocna yes

Rollers likely worn I will replace good idea

10mm chain

Distance from winch to front roller approx 900mm which is also where the roller is i.e the only thing the anchor touches before it hits the water.  

Anchor is setup with an over and under roller to lock it in place on the bow and a retaining pin.  

Straightener issue was length, would not sit nicely from the anchor into the anchor locker, i.e. lid would need modification if I was to use it.  

Nice and bling plus but suffer badly from ticket clipper pricing. You can get cheaper that are reliable and strong.

The question is why is your anchor coming up backward?

Is it a rocna?

What state are the actually rollers on your bow, are they worn and if so are they worn semantically?

What size chain?

How far from winch to the next thing the chain touches?

How many things does the chain touch between the winch and the water?

Was the straightener the right size for the chain?

My Rocna comes up upside down virtually every time. If I pause the winch when only 1/3 of the shank is on the roller, it rolls upright. Every time.

Ditto with us, as soon as the shank comes up onto the roller, stop and it settles the right way around every time. 

The bit you missed was having to gently drive off leaving the anchor swinging in the water for 5mins while the wake washes off the 5 tonnes of mud, sand and dirt that it comes up holding on to. Always a good sign it was well dug in :-)