SSANZ 2020 Round North Island Race

This is the wait list based the Facebook post (in order).  There are some familiar names on this list

Ballistic
Miss Scarlett
Stinger
Truxton
Bruce Curson
Coppelia
Cory McLennan
Provincial Cowboy
Katana
Arbitare
Cool Change
Odyssey V

This is the wait list based the Facebook post (in order). There are some familiar names on this list

Ballistic

Miss Scarlett

Stinger

Truxton

Bruce Curson

Coppelia

Cory McLennan

Provincial Cowboy

Katana

Arbitare

Cool Change

Odyssey V

On the negative side it is a Pity a lot of boats committed to the Ssanz events and RNi in particular may miss out.

On the positive this is one of the few races which has caught the imagine of a lot of people.

Only got to wait until 60% of the fleet has finished before the next start can be scheduled.

Probably no bigger gap than any other RNI with the likes of ran tan not there.

Only got to wait until 60% of the fleet has finished before the next start can be scheduled.

Miss scarlet at the top of the waiting list. Still a big difference between anarchy, Mr kite, blink etc and an e7.9

So what happens if a boat doesn't make the next start?

So what happens if a boat doesn't make the next start?

Hasn’t happened in my memory as the restart wont be at night so in reality it’s longer than stated, but it could happen if we have a boat that’s sailing exceptionally slowly.

In that case they will have to restart themselves at exactly the minimum stopover time after they finish.

If anyone else missed out let me know as the website handled the 30 entries in 45min (28 in 15min) no problems however when we switched to registering for the wait list a couple of people couldn’t get through, they contacted us and we added them manually in that order.

We are working on securing more options for berthage in both Wellington and Napier and we hope to be able to accommodate everyone, but no promises at this point.

Looking similar to 2011 with 40 entries. Hope the weather is better. Is it to early to say that? :)

Keep thinking like that Wil, if only half get around it will definitely help with berthage.

I have just been turned down by the commercial port in Napier.

So now I’m chasing the City Council to get guaranteed access to the Ahuriri Inlet wall, if the weather is good it won’t be a problem as the fishing fleet will be out, but if not ?

Herdy is working on options in Welly

The wall is first in best moored, it’s owned by the city council and is free to use.

The thing is if the weather is good and the fishing fleet is out then we have no problem, however this not even I can predict.

If we can make an arrangement with the city council to reserve a section then all we will need to do is make each yacht carry a fender board, or we will make some up and have them ready.

The wheels of bureaucracy don’t turn fast however

Similar talks are happening in Wellington

We are still hoping to get everyone that’s serious and ready to go a start, however the wait list is still growing, so we need anyone that’s got a spot and have something come up that may exclude them to keep us in the loop so we can give others the opportunity to make the start line.

We reopened entries to the wait list as Herdy has managed to get access to Queens Wharf in Wellington, Napier is still a work in progress but they will manage I’m sure.

36 entries now two more coming, that’s it (or actually over it)

If any drop out we may or may not accept a replacement depending on developing berthage arrangements, we have actually over sold this race so hoping everyone makes it but it will actually help if some don’t. (Did I say that out loud ?)

This will be the biggest fleet ever (36 entries in 2011)

Only 222 days to go

Can’t wait

• Upvote 1