Sailors Corner closing down

Got hold of them on the phone today.

They are definitely still trading / selling stuff. They are open Wed to Sunday, closed Monday Tuesday, which is fair enough really (once you know what their trading hours)

I popped in this morning early, looking for good deals. It was packed. Looked, realised prices were not actually clearance prices, but barely even ‘on special’ prices. Left quickly.

Pretty much a universal experience for me with any "Closing Down" or "Liquidation" Sale, 

Went in yesterday.  Ronstan hardware is still 35% off. 

There are some good deals in clothing down to 60% off, but mostly huge or tiny sizes.

Musto sailing gloves are down to $22 from $50, so good to grab a few spares.

Still does not answer the warranty question.

SC could act as a clearance house for suppliers like yourself for some time to come without having to abide by usual consumer act conditions.

I would be a bit more than pissed if a builder went into liquidation and continued to trade supposedly under the guise of repatriating lost funds to creditors secured or unsecured thereby escaping the onerous warrantees I have to supply.

Only two things in life attract a 10 year warranty Mitsubishi Ute drive trains and LBP works

Actually thinking it happens all the time in my industry so WTF am I moaning about.

That would explain the 'not sale, sale pricing' on the stock, and a comment a sales lady made regarding the pricing of a particular zodiac dinghy I was keen on "the boss will buy it himself, rather than sell it for any less than they were asking for it"...

They had 7 of a particular size deflatables in stock. That is a few for the boss to buy... unless its just a book transfer to a new trading entity, and on they continue...

The price they were offering for a good crewsaver LJ on clearance special was the same I managed to wrangle out of them for one a year or so ago. Have since found out you can get the same LJ direct from the supplier for several hundy less, and delivered to home in less time than it takes to drive through Auckland traffic.

The recently transmogrified Sailors Corner better get some "sailors supplies" as the shelves are depressingly bare.

Still the upside was I could not find a single thing to purchase for the princess so that even beats the $1.50 that set the spend record at Burnsco.

Was the closing down bit just a ruse or are there genuine creditors that the supposed liquidator was seeking to recoup loot for.