Westhaven Marina Berth Rental Rates

"However, we assure you that the new rates remain competitive with other Auckland marinas". 

Crikey that makes me feel a whole bunch "betterer" as all other marinas will be now charging 10% more if they are not already.

"This change is reflective of constant improvements to the marina and the cost of our extensive maintenance program". 

So the business model annually charges customers extra for maintenance and improvements wow I will try that with my clients and gauge their reaction.

Now that is a cunning business plan if there ever was one.

For all the years we have been at Westhaven the service provided has remained the same year in year out, no great changes or service additions. 

Unfortunately these annual increases are unceasing and directly responsible for driving down the value of boats at a alarming rate.

As much as it will pain us to sell our fast devaluing adventure machine it is fast becoming the least most painful option.

I'm pleased to hear you guys got 10% more carparking. But I am confused, I thought you were all bitching about the lack of carparking.

Maybe your berths have gotten 10% longer?

Maybe happy teeth is there 10% less of the time?

Or 10% less peoples dinghies have been buggered?

-But the charge does reflect the constant improvements to the marina.

Whoever wrote that must be sitting on a merry-go-round, the spin is unbelievable.

What would be more believable is if they just wrote - "you guys are essentially a captured market, we've got a cartel going with the single owner of all the private marina's, so there is high price elasticity with marina berths, meaning, the only way you can avoid paying our prices hikes, is by selling your boat. The inertia for you to get around to that is long enough that we can increase revenue in the short term, which is all we really care about".

Whats a 'pay rise'?

I'm not familiar with this term...

Apologies, I just realised I put an extra zero on my pay rise amount.

Maybe Westhaven have made the same mistake with the marina fees?

“NZ Marina of the Year”  

WTF on earth is "marina of the year."

Duh stupid dick me of course that esteemed award goes to the marina that charts new territory in price gouging captive customers.

Price increases are unfortunately not linked or mitigated by wage/income increases for slaves like me.

Marina up 10%

Every year those damned vehicle warrants goes up.

Just renewed my LBP license up from $189.00 to $239.00

No extra service provided just cost.

Interesting comparing the 12m multihull stern-to rate with monohull-no finger... $604.50 multi vs $790.50 mono, a 30% premium for less real estate? What am I missing?

Interesting comparing the 12m multihull stern-to rate with monohull-no finger... $604.50 multi vs $790.50 mono, a 30% premium for less real estate? What am I missing?

yeah 12m mutlihull stern-to seems a (relative) steal. half the alongside rate, and similar to the piles.

Time for Westhaven management to front up.

Kevin Lidgard we as boat owners for year in and year out have endured unceasing cost increases to moor our pleasure craft in the marina you personally manage on the behalf of the Auckland public.

Can you provide the total figures of the income received and the costs spent to operate and maintain the Westhaven Marina.

Commercial sensitivity is not the correct rock to crawl under.

This facility is owned by the public for public use and benefit.

The staggeringly continuous price increases are beyond belief and for many simply unsustainable.

• Upvote 1

Time for Westhaven management to front up.

Kevin Lidgard we as boat owners for year in and year out have endured unceasing cost increases to moor our pleasure craft in the marina you personally manage on the behalf of the Auckland public.

Can you provide the total figures of the income received and the costs spent to operate and maintain the Westhaven Marina.

Commercial sensitivity is not the correct rock to crawl under.

This facility is owned by the public for public use and benefit.

The staggeringly continuous price increases are beyond belief and for many simply unsustainable.

You bloody ripper, Priscilla.  One thousand per cent correctomundo.

Mr. Lidgard, hang your head in shame.

Water, there is only about 500mm of water infront of the berths facing z pier on a good low tide and is never dredged

Zozza its a matter of simple fairness honesty and equality.

No other publicly owned sports or recreational facility charges a minimum of $8k per annum to access.

The real hurt for my whanau is Westhaven is our cultural womb.

Owning maintaining loving and sailing yachts is a deeply etched part of our DNA and having to seriously contemplate being moved on purely on the basis of avarice mocks my families and many others history.

• Upvote 2

Zozza its a matter of fairness and equality.

No other publicly owned sports or recreational facility charges a minimum of $8k per annum to access.

The real hurt for my whanau is Westhaven is our cultural womb.

Owning maintaining loving and sailing yachts is a deeply etched part of our DNA and having to seriously contemplate being moved on purely on the basis of avarice mocks my families and many others history.

True.

And what is more - Westhaven produced a video not long ago going into all the history, interviewing well known Auckland sailing celebrities that kept or still keep their boat at Westhaven.  Yet Westhaven seem hellbent on paying lip service to all that history and mana, and just flushing all those memories down the drain for the sake of the filthy lucre.

Modern marina costs. At the current time, a 15m berth costs about $2800 per year to provide, including maintenance. That is the cost of a 15m berth here in gulf harbour marine village ( but you must own a property here), which is run as not for profit.

This is just to give you an idea of the actual marina costs....

Could not find a quantifiable reason for the rise. It states due to improvements and extensions. Does it mean berth holders have to fund the extension, and improvements. If so then do we get to decide to what extent we want the extension carried out!!

Also once these works have been paid for do the rates reduce!!

Renters and berth holders need some clarity on the rise.

Modern marina costs. At the current time, a 15m berth costs about $2800 per year to provide, including maintenance. That is the cost of a 15m berth here in gulf harbour marine village ( but you must own a property here), which is run as not for profit.

This is just to give you an idea of the actual marina costs....

So you own a house in the village and you only pay $2800 per year for your berth in the marina?