Westhaven Marina Berth Rental Rates

There is more parking coming up that end -once entrance is closed, Panuku has put up rates because it can , just another cost driving boaties out of Auckland. They need to raise more funds to 

complete the developments proposed five years ago -the piles, the walkway etc. I am annoyed that with the increase letter it tells me that I am getting better service- less parking currently still the water main is not finished- where is this service -yes we have twice the number of operatives in the office since the days of Flap then the Navy man but really what else has improved?

Been thinking seriously about parting with Priscilla as the cost of marina fees now colours and clouds the horizon of affordable ownership in a negative and simply unsustainable light.

This old log of wood that I lusted after as a younger man and latterly secured in the delightful haze and mist of love marriage and family secured its adventure creating status to become one of the our most loved.

sh*t this hurts.

Spent the past few days sailing cooking with kerosene reading by Tilley lamp re reading Michael Kings unbiased comprehensive history of NZ and seriously thinking that along with the tragedy that was Gallipoli what Panuku is doing to the opportunity for free men and woman to acquire and afford craft to access both adventure pleasure and enjoyment has been tossed aside and lost in a tempest of avarice.

• Upvote 1

Well I find myself agreeing with Priscilla, and further to this I see the Vos shed that we were all hoping would be available for the classic boats along with John Streets long term plan has now been repurposed as Sealinks new base - all for the AC . It will be great to watch but at what cost to the sailing Aucklander, with the only return going to the team and corporates, where is that red flag comrades -Freedom for Westhaven.  

Spent the past few days sailing cooking with kerosene reading by Tilley lamp re reading Michael Kings unbiased comprehensive history of NZ and seriously thinking that along with the tragedy that was Gallipoli what Panuku is doing to the opportunity for free men and woman to acquire and afford craft to access both adventure pleasure and enjoyment has been tossed aside and lost in a tempest of avarice.

You guys are not on your own up there. It is just as bad down here in Marlborough Marina's as well. The Marina is out of reach for most. Also interestingly, the new expansion or Waikawa has been OK'd and is gearing up to start work on. 250'ish new berths and they are all going to be from 14M on up. They are catering for Big boats only.

But you lot do have one major advantage....for now at least. You can get a mooring. No more Moorings can be put down here, unless you own land. If you are a lucky owner of a mooring, it must be lifted for inspection every 2yrs. It has a very limited time before you have to reapply for resource consent. Which of course, could be denied if a reason ever came up. What gets me is why it is so expensive to get RC if it is simply another stamp. I was told it was $2K. Correct me if that is wrong. If you can find a mooring to hire, the current charge is $170 to $180 per month. Currently, there is talk of having all the concrete blocks removed from the Seabed and replaced with the screw in type bed anchors and a bungy to the Boat. This eliminated the ground chain from dragging around the Seabed which the Tree Huggers are complaining about. No one has any idea of cost for this type of mooring yet, as far as I know anyway.

Panuku Development Auckland is pleased to invite you to the next Westhaven Forum to be held from 6.00pm on Wednesday 22 May at the Ponsonby Cruising Club

Be updated on our key projects including:

• The Westhaven Promenade Stage 2 for which construction is poised to commence in the coming months 
  • The Westhaven Marine Village, in its final stages of leasing 
  • The Pile Mooring Development Project which has received resource consent approval
  • Works on Curran St and the proposed seawall that will make Westhaven more resilient as a marina and also prepare it for the arrival of Skypath 
  • Details of the carpark management system that will be implemented at Westhaven Marina
  • The relocation of the Sealink Ferry service to the eastern edge of Westhaven, and Panuku’s safety and navigation planning related to this
  • Plans for the new marine refit facility and developments on Westhaven’s eastern edge (Beaumont Street).

Auckland Transport chickened out of a consultation session in St Heliers due to security fears of the 600 odd pensioners expected to attend.

I wonder what measures Punuku will put in place for this event? I note fee increases aren't on the agenda...

600 odd pensioners represent only half the danger of 600 normal pensioners. NZ has hung on well considering that overseas sailing has been a rich mans sport for a long time. But time has now caught up with us so all you pesky minions had better get used to it. And under a Labour Guvmit and their sock puppet Full Goof too ? They are certainly turning the show upside down for the Fat Cats. Just like Roger Douglas & Co. and in a short time. They've got to act quick as they should get the biffo in 18 mths ?

Better make the most of the opportunity.

I have concerns centred around sustainable affordability ie the continual rising tide of berthage rates ,no alternative options for annual diy maintenance which in my book stands as a real issue noting the rate rises of the existing free market players and the fond but faint memory that the marina once made available hardstand areas for the berth holders.The non existent courtesy from one particular staff member I will overlook but not so sure my partner will.

See you all there.

I’ve been considering a Keeler, but given this thread my TS is looking pretty good option right now.

Just until they figure out how to put payment kiosks at the boat ramps! :)

600 odd pensioners represent only half the danger of 600 normal pensioners. NZ has hung on well considering that overseas sailing has been a rich mans sport for a long time. But time has now caught up with us so all you pesky minions had better get used to it. And under a Labour Guvmit and their sock puppet Full Goof too ? They are certainly turning the show upside down for the Fat Cats. Just like Roger Douglas & Co. and in a short time. They've got to act quick as they should get the biffo in 18 mths ?

But it's not a rich man's sport overseas in general. In some countries, yes. but in others, in France, Germany, Italy, Greece and so on ... it's actually quite moderate, and your average wage earner can afford a 10-12m yearly berth - Boats themselves are cheap of course.

Your political shot is misguided, by the way. Under National we saw an unparalleled increased in the gap between the haves and have-nots, and a diminishing proportion of the population in the haves category. Maybe it's the effects of 10 years of National's private centred greed that are seeing you at risk of slipping into the have-nots category?

• Upvote 1

Your political shot is misguided, by the way. Under National we saw an unparalleled increased in the gap between the haves and have-nots, and a diminishing proportion of the population in the haves category. Maybe it's the effects of 10 years of National's private centred greed that are seeing you at risk of slipping into the have-nots category?

I really don't want to get into a Political argument in this thread, but honestly, Labour has certainly not been any better. In fact, it could be argued it is worse due Nationals tax relief being canned and it will be far worse if Labour start implementing the various Tax policies they are toying with. All that has happened is as we all said would happen. It has become far harder for the small business owner and there are many that see a rather bleak future if Labour continue. I know several that are at the point of closing and the result will be several workers looking for new jobs. All due to the compliance costs that Labour are putting on Businesses and the smaller ones simply cannot afford it.

But aside from all that, I don't think any Gvt has had a great deal of direct affect on the cost of Boating. Some yes, as in RC and EP rules, but not all. The big causes are Councils seeing Marinas as a great big Father Xmas. The increases in charges to all sectors is directly due to Councils trying to claw everything they can out of the Marine industry.

Just until they figure out how to put payment kiosks at the boat ramps! :)

You've not been to the Z Pier ramps recently have you....

The post was not a personal attack it was a descriptive verbatim response to my partner being on the receiving end of a completely bizarre extraordinary response from a marina employee.

The other employee that was party to the exchange walked off in a embarrassed haze.

Moving on.

Now free of grand children and cat with extortionate marina fees settled the good ship Priscilla journeys to the Gulf of Dreams and the hardy crew swim with dolphins in Woody Bay dine with Neptune and moor in West Bay with a stink pot Monet that runs their f**king motor to power ,jug , microwave , electric blanket and marital aids constantly.

However the crowning gleeful glory was Pikelet has had a birthday.attachicon.gif 32018807-E207-4FD8-8382-7BC35220CF4F.jpegattachicon.gif F2B340E7-9492-4421-8EE7-D692C22B3EEF.jpeg

Good looking boat that !

We occupy a berth on the finger of doom and neglect in Westhaven where without averting ones eyes it is a f**king depressing walk to the yacht.

Two SR 26,s side buy side one a minter the other a long neglected eyesore.

Ruby the once mint 88 firmly attached by growth and neglect to the ocean floor.

Stinkpot and anther couple of craft of unknown lineage in a similar neglected condition.

I am sure that every Mary Celeste on H pier has aintriguing tale of woe and despair attached so it was a great delight to see Pikelet all loved up.

At what point do.the marina operators have a mandate to remive the zombie boats?

Never mind mussel farms there are a heap of fan worm farms about,

And despite the increasing prices there are still significant numbers of very neglected boats preventing others from entering the marina. Given they now have a waiting list is it time to find a mechanism to help people into berths?

At what point do.the marina operators have a mandate to remive the zombie boats?

Never mind mussel farms there are a heap of fan worm farms about,

And despite the increasing prices there are still significant numbers of very neglected boats preventing others from entering the marina. Given they now have a waiting list is it time to find a mechanism to help people into berths?

When the fees are no longer being paid.

At the Canberra Yacht Club the invoice for boat yard storage is sent out in early September each year, I was told that the boats that hadn't sailed for years were always the first to pay.