Recommended Canvas Dodger & Bimini Suppliers (Cockpit enclosure)

Hi,

I live-aboard my Farr 44 and I would like to get the cockpit fully enclosable to provide additional living space and good protection from elements whilst cruising.

One of my main concerns is that the cockpit enclosure looks good as I have seen some aft cockpit boats with enclosures that just look wrong.

There is a company in the states called Iversons and they put great effort in to making sure the design is right.  I have attached a couple of photos.

Obviously its not practical to take my boat to US to get canvas work done so I am looking for recommendations on any companies in NZ that do great quality work and have a great eye for design.

The boats in the photos are similar to my cockpit so I'm looking for this basic setup i.e. dodger, bimini at the back with fill in in-between.

Any recommendations??

I am based in Marlborough but prepared to travel.

Thanks Anthony

Cockpit Enclosure.jpg

Cockpit Enclosure 2.jpg

There are several in the Picton area. I will ask when I get to work today as I share a workshop with a Saddler/Canvas worker in Blenheim and one of their guys is Calvin Vile, who is a Sail maker ex Lidgards and Norths. He will know who's the best around to go to.

Righty, talked to Calvin. Firstly, he can't do it because he can't work in the Marina unless he registers with Port Marl and he said it's a two person job and hasn't really got the time, especially over Winter.
         Secondly, he said that the canvas work alone could easily cost around the 8K mark at just a guess off the top of his head. If you need the SST work done also, then that could easily be the same or maybe more. So you could be looking at a 16K or more job. 
          He suggested that Kent Luxton over in Picton would be your best bet. Not the cheapest, but does a good job. There really isn't anyone else in Picton that could take on such a job IHO. 
           There is however Marlborough Motor Trimmers in Blenheim. However, they are snowed under. I think they have a 3 to 6month waiting list for work and I expect that travel through to the Boat would be an issue for them, because of the time factor. But hey, could be worth a call.
        Another comment Calvin made was that with so many items running through the canvas, expect it to leak. that is just a fact of life when you do that.