We need help in protecting Great Barrier Island.

"Google Nils - Axel Morner for some real info....not just Lefty hyper scary nonsense designed to tax you"

Classic, thought that was really funny until I realised that you actually meant it.  I think you need one of these to really show you've done your scientific homework:

https://www.fishpond.co.nz/Toys/Donald-Trump-Cap-Red-Make-America-Great-Again-Hat-Cap-Cap-USA-Krause-Sohn/4260264328319?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=ps&utm_campaign=NZ&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgOrw3e-24wIVy4BwCh03QgNmEAYYASABEgLAD_D_BwE

• Upvote 1

Just heard on the radio today of an oceanographer who has studied sea levels for several decades around the South Pacific. His findings are that there there is no sea level rise. So it appears that sea levels aren't rising, just as most of us already new.

The great climate change emergency will be found out for what it is but by then NZ will be broke. 

Yep...that's about the level of response to be expected from a  pro Global Warming conspiracy supporter. Totally irrelevant and about the best argument  that can be bought forward to support the theory.

Hey, apologies if you felt hurt with my comment, but spare a thought for the thousands and thousands of scientists around the world who have worked for decades on a topic that you can answer by looking up some tinfoil hat "expert".  I bet they feel a bit gutted to discover it was all a total waste of time!  

Or you could just ask Mike Hosking, I'm sure he has all the answers.  I guess another thing you could do is think about who funds Nils-Axel Morner.  This may (but probably won't) give you an indication about the veracity of his "work".  About 30 seconds of Googling found me this article, which (to me but quite probably not to you) shows that he is connected to Drumpf's cabal of wacky weirdos.  Anyway, I'm not trying to change your mind, best of luck with the rest of your life.

https://www.ecowatch.com/climate-denial-trump-2526845703.html?share_id=3205141

• Upvote 1

I think between the 2 of them you'd get informative and accurate answers to just about anything of real importance.  It's enough to make us mortals feel just a bit... stupid?

I will ask the question again why was dredged material from the most contaminated areas closest to the Wynyard wharf trucked to landfill and not barged for disposal out at Gt Barrier.

Toxicity wise it did not pass muster for disposal at sea?

Quite ironic that ENEOS the fracking petrochemical environmental poisoners get the opportunity to occupy a pre contaminated AC base site.

Thanks ,but who is Hosking or Lighton Smith ?  Maybe as authoritive as Jacinda Adern Helen Clark,Phil Goof and Al Gore ? I'll run with the facts that Co2 is only .4%  and that the earth is entering a cooling period (gauged over 10000 years). Thx for your best wishes but luck is something you make yourself. Not by listening to snake oil salesmen who can 'fix' any problem for you provided you pay their tax

Hmmm well one guys evidence was a tree that "disappeared" on a beach front along with calling 50+ years of satellites wrong. The other side is the bulk of scientists and multiple verified measurements that repeatedly show an increase in temperatures and water levels over the past 50+ years

Not to mention that even tho it's .4% CO2 reflects infrared a few orders of magnitude greater than other atmospheric gases and that's why CO2 and Methane are target #1 and #2. Solar warming comes in fairly uninterrupted and the earth reflects back most of it as infrared energy however increases in CO2 and Methane reflect this back to the surface trapping it