Wright 11

The Wright 11 was a final development of his keelboat designs (Quest range) with a high volume. wide stern, moderate waterline with scoop and a rig looking to be more multi than mono. ie mast well forward and relatively small headsail. Boat I have sailed on had a Kahn(?)rudder as rudder designs were possibly not one of Alans strengths. The Wright 10 in club racing is pretty similar in performance to the 11. Possibly a little lighter in glass

Raced against and met the owners of Tuxedo Junction a few years ago in Tonga. This one was foam sandwich construction with rod rigging etc and very quick, with a very nice interior. The downside was they didn't have a very comfortable trip to Tonga, but then beat all the 50fters doing the local races - on line. 

I would always worry about buying into a boat with a history like that. The boat itself might be 100% fine in reality but you’ll never get rid of the nagging uncertainty in the mind of some buyers. And as we head towards a global recession I’d be nervous about buying any significant asset that might be hard to offload quickly for whatever reason (rational or not).

3 hours ago, Agnes said:

Hi I was reading your conversation and cannot quite understand which yacht is a insurance job. Can you clarify ? I am interested in these thanks very much 

It was called La Di Da