2019 Coastal Classic

That current windy prediction is going to produce a real tactical battle.

How far can you get before it gets light?

How far can you get once it's gone light (if you stay in? or if you go a little wider?)

How far out do you want to be when it changes to N? (obviously around the corner but few will be there...)

From the sailing instructions:

18.0 WESTHAVEN MARINA PARKING OVER LABOUR WEEKEND 18.1 Westhaven Marina is appealing for your support during this period of construction around the marina. Since the visitor carpark will be not be sufficient this year, crew will need to share or use alternative transport options. Over Labour Weekend there will be infringements issued and in some cases towing.

Where will we park our cars?  Point Erin pools maybe?

or a Lime scooter.

Hah,yes.

Silly me, I'd forgotten about those as an option. My life insurance policy specifically excludes them, hence I could only think of the very old school and sooo last century option of the bus.

Just get a taxi, it's what I'll be doing and you don't run the risk of some scumbag breaking into your car. Plus you can drink as much rum as you like in the delivery home as you are getting a taxi ????????

Really?

I don't see anything like that on Metvuw, Aussie BoM long range.  We're in to the start of a small high pressure system?

Will keep watch all week.

Have to find a decent sized motor/fizz nasty boat to shoot out and watch them go by

Don't forget ... if you can't be on the water in reality, you can always race a virtual 60ft trimaran with Sailonline - still free to play with realistic/real-time winds from NOAA!!

Full info on Sailonline's homepage or, if you prefer, right here on crew.org in the Sailonline Forum here:

http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/17276-pic-coastal-classic-yacht-race-2019/

Don't forget ... if you can't be on the water in reality, you can always race a virtual 60ft trimaran with Sailonline - still free to play with realistic/real-time winds from NOAA!!

Full info on Sailonline's homepage or, if you prefer, right here on crew.org in the Sailonline Forum here:

http://crew.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic/17276-pic-coastal-classic-yacht-race-2019/

Can it not also include a vessel similar to those that the majority of us own? like Young, Ross, 1050, or something (Pogo...)? 

The forecast is shaping up to be a cracker, and I really wish I could be there for this.