Boat ramps with pontoons in Auckland

Bit of a drive but you will be the Firth of Thames quickly.KawaKawa bay boat ramp,pontoons,breakwater and staff to help to help tie up vessel and lend a hand to launch/retrieve. $20 for use of ramp.Well worth it.

On 23/03/2020 at 7:35 AM, Sailing Away said:

I need to launch my trailer sailer single handed on the Waitemata. Looking for a place I can launch, tie up while I park the car and then set off. Any recommendations? I'm fairly central in Auckland so closer to CBD is better.

Cheers

The Landing is challenging in any significant breeze from the NW to NE, even when fully crewed.  N/NE is worst.  Parking is good for traiilers aside from summer weekends (there is a parking fee) but I wouldn't recommend it for a singlehander unless you are sure of the wind direction.  It's fine in anything from SW-SE although you do get the odd wake rolling in.  Note also in very low tides there may not be enough depth to have your keel right down at the pontoon.