Boating now heavily restricted

I think the main issue is that many organisations don't have unified idea of what "boating" is. To some boating is power boating, but of course legally any craft is a boat/ship.

Sport NZ have said for a while that paddlecraft are allowed: https://sportnz.org.nz/assets/Uploads/Play-Active-Recreation-and-Sport-at-Alert-Levels-4-4.pdf

Maritime say the same thing: https://maritimenz.govt.nz/recreational/default.asp

When there's a 1000 activities, businesses, and functions being considered, it seems likely exact wording and such isn't always going to be right straight away. Especially if cabinet/Police/MBIE/whoever go to the wrong people for advice...

Fark !  !   I wish they would just say that if NZs tens of thousands of bored boaters went out today the risk of ONSHORE transmission would be very high .

Simply saying boating is unsafe just gets everyone’s undies in a knot .    Far too many are taking it as a criticism of their boating skills .

• Upvote 2

Dont expect logic from broad brush rules. Hopefully it only another couple of weeks! If rules became specific, it would be virtually impossible to police, too complex. Everyone is making sacrifices....

• Upvote 2

Tripped into HMB today to check the boat, all was good, it was very hard to leave again,  certainly a risky trip down the southern motorway on way home, lots of traffic, would have been far safer to go out for a sail lol.

• Like 1

I went for a walk over to the hard stand, bit of a shock, most of the area is fenced off for the new marina development, going to be important to book well ahead for a haul out, I was booked to come out over Easter but lock down killed that

1 hour ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

I just organised a sail for the weekend, assuming the weather is OK....which isn't lookin flash bugger it.

MNZ have said servicing and testing gear on boats is now OK as long as you are 'marine industry' :thumbup:

Emirates TNZ back out according to the stuff.

Where are YNZ on this? 

I just organised a sail for the weekend, assuming the weather is OK....which isn't lookin flash bugger it.

MNZ have said servicing and testing gear on boats is now OK as long as you are 'marine industry' :thumbup:

Emirates TNZ back out according to the stuff.

Where are YNZ on this? 

My spies tell me that TNZ are about to got sailing in the paddock

3 hours ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Can u post a linky to their latest update, cant find it on their website. I need to go out and test if my mainsail works and got stopped last time I tried. 

1 hour ago, Vorpal Blade said:

Can u post a linky to their latest update, cant find it on their website. I need to go out and test if my mainsail works and got stopped last time I tried.