Whats happening at Bean Rk?

Who can tell me whats going on at Bean Rock. I noticed yesterday but didn't get a pic.

There is a big work platform up on legs out there. Only saw it from a distance so it was hard to tell how close it is etc to the light,  Is it getting another refit , new piles or is there a wharf being built there for easy access when it gets turned into an exclusive B & B.

Panuku installing CCTV capable of close up face recognition of sailors, together with new covid 19 laws to be able to track all your movements , to then be able to issue a "toll charge" each time you sail past Bean Rock, much like when you drive north of Auckland through the tunnel.

• Upvote 1

Harbour Board was killed off in 1988 under local govt. reorganization. Regional Council given statutory role while Port Co. set up for commercial operations.

Maybe a task for AYBA as a service to keeler fleets.

like the moorings

probably part of auckland transport

and all their 'camera money' is spent on cashing in on revenue gathering victimless crime

to pay for trains and buses

people no longer want to use

somebody ask them then

what auckland's budget will be for tourism webcams?

then compare it to the budget for buslane cams

Auckland Transport (AT) collected more than $11 million in fines in the last year and the AA says the system needs an overhaul.

But AT is instead planning to install even more cameras.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2019/04/auckland-transport-collecting-an-extra-4m-in-bus-lane-fines-per-year.html

The 16 cameras currently in operation are on Fanshawe St, Queen St, Hobson St and Khyber Pass Rd.

AT plans to install a further six CCTV cameras this winter to monitor transit lanes on Grafton's Park Rd and Great North Rd in Grey Lynn.

1 hour ago, erice said:

like the moorings

probably part of auckland transport

and all their 'camera money' is spent on cashing in on revenue gathering victimless crime

to pay for trains and buses

people no longer want to use

Rubbish, I want to, and do, use the trains every day.

The northern motorway will soon be at a standstill In the mornings of all the bus users users permanently switch to cars.

Just because you love your car doesn’t mean it’s the right solution for everyone. In the same vein busses and trains don’t suit everyone. 
the problem comes in that motorway upgrades are paid by central government, but public transport is only funded by local councils, both with very different political agendas 

fair enough

would love to see some good webcams on bean rock 

maybe vodafone could be allowed to paint bean-rock red+white with VODAFONE red on the white background and white on the red background

i'm sure there'd be screams, but you'd only see the name from the water, from land it would simply be coloured the same as rangitoto lighthouse

16 hours ago, Rehabilitated said:

No. Yellow the colour. A, I Iike would be appreciated as a apology.

Can you please rephrase that in either english or some close approximation.  You are like some crazy algal bloom, clogging up all of the the threads.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Rehabilitated said:

erice.

No 

Yellow is the colour.

A, I like, would be appreciated as a apology. 

Cheers.

Be kind.

That doesn’t help me understand the original post, can someone please translate