Inflatable sup for the boat

Just bought a Sup to use on the boat. There has been some discussion on here before but might be worth grabbing one if you are interested and can afford it.  Less than half price at 399 for what looks like a pretty good one with paddle etc. The surfboard warehouse     Seems like in summer you would struggle to get one second hand as cheap.   No association with me and I haven’t seen it yet so don’t blame me if they aren’t as good as they seem. 

I went a little doo-laly over lock down and got a few i-Sups and surfboards as well... well mainly just after the end of lockdown.

It may defy logic buying water toys at the start of winter, but there is certainly some good buying to be hand about now. The most I paid was $399 for a 10'8 iSup from Torpedo 7. Its not a bad board, but I wouldn't touch T7 with a barge pole, they re-define useless... Got a 12'6 for $390 of TM, new, with all the gear, a 9' for the daughter for $300 off a place called Random Cool Stuff, and a 6' one for my boy from Underground Surf for $275 (the last 2 with no pump or paddles, I got specific kids sized paddles for them seperately). So now have a nice family set of iSups for exploring bays etc from the boat. The kids are keen to use them for snorkelling from, i.e. paddle over to some rocks or a reef, anchor with a little dinghy anchor, and stooge around looking at all the fish. Certainly has some practicalities to it. I've got some floating dinghy painter line on mine so I can clip them all together, and also so I can tow a kid home if they get hangry. The kids boards both have a D ring on the front ideal for towing.

My missus recons I have a problem (as in strong urges to buy water toys). That lot doesn't count the surfboards I got as well... 

I have to agree that I do have a bit of a problem now, a storage problem! I suggested we could solve that if I put all the boards in the carport and she park on the road. You'd never guess how that went down...

PS, apparently I'm not allowed a new mainsail.

Ever.

2 minutes ago, Romany said:

I'd be buying a spear gun as an accessory. The leopard seal might decide it fancies your i Sup thingy and that may be a problem if you happened to be on it at the time

:)

Mwahaha, that wont be a problem Romany. I got a 14 ft hard board for touring around the local vicinity, that one was a legit 2nd hand off TM deal. It is fully Leopard Seal proof, guaranteed not to leak, go flat or deflate just when you need it. Oh, and it goes fast enough I can pretend I can get out of dodge on it. The inflatables are like driving a tank after paddling the hard board. Very good for the family to learn on though.

Like I said, my missus thinks I have a problem. Different people dealt with the stress of lockdown in different ways. Because I wasn't allowed to go out on the water, I channelled that energy into searching for an acquiring new ways and tools to get out on the water...

39 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

I went to the bank statements and added up Angela's hair and nails for a year. Way more than a nice sailing dinghy.

I can't understand why i haven't got it yet. 

Well you do have the hair and nails just that its more toe nails and back hair 😀

1 hour ago, Fish said:

I went a little doo-laly over lock down and got a few i-Sups and surfboards as well... well mainly just after the end of lockdown.

It may defy logic buying water toys at the start of winter, but there is certainly some good buying to be hand about now. The most I paid was $399 for a 10'8 iSup from Torpedo 7. Its not a bad board, but I wouldn't touch T7 with a barge pole, they re-define useless... Got a 12'6 for $390 of TM, new, with all the gear, a 9' for the daughter for $300 off a place called Random Cool Stuff, and a 6' one for my boy from Underground Surf for $275 (the last 2 with no pump or paddles, I got specific kids sized paddles for them seperately). So now have a nice family set of iSups for exploring bays etc from the boat. The kids are keen to use them for snorkelling from, i.e. paddle over to some rocks or a reef, anchor with a little dinghy anchor, and stooge around looking at all the fish. Certainly has some practicalities to it. I've got some floating dinghy painter line on mine so I can clip them all together, and also so I can tow a kid home if they get hangry. The kids boards both have a D ring on the front ideal for towing.

My missus recons I have a problem (as in strong urges to buy water toys). That lot doesn't count the surfboards I got as well... 

I have to agree that I do have a bit of a problem now, a storage problem! I suggested we could solve that if I put all the boards in the carport and she park on the road. You'd never guess how that went down...

PS, apparently I'm not allowed a new mainsail.

Ever.

I seem to have the same condition as you. Bought 3 isups lately as well as the multiple hard Sup’s and surfboards I already have. The ones I am really liking playing with have foils attached and ride 2 foot above the water. Can’t wait to get back into it after a recent knee replacement. 

2 hours ago, Black Panther said:

I went to the bank statements and added up Angela's hair and nails for a year. Way more than a nice sailing dinghy.

I can't understand why i haven't got it yet. 

At our age BP if you want a new water toy and can afford it then you should get it while you can still enjoy it and by the way I just happen to have a lovely solid glass sailing dinghy available for sale in dairy flat for just $600. Plenty of room for both you and Angela 

18 hours ago, ex TL systems said:

I seem to have the same condition as you. Bought 3 isups lately as well as the multiple hard Sup’s and surfboards I already have. The ones I am really liking playing with have foils attached and ride 2 foot above the water. Can’t wait to get back into it after a recent knee replacement. 

I am actively trying to avoid even looking at the ones with foils attached, its like a whirling vortex that sucks you in and consumes dollars at an alarming rate....

Madloop windsurfing school at Lake Pupuke will rent them to you for $50/hr, which sounds good, but my view is thats kind of like a meth pusher, get you hooked and there is no turning back... I am actively resisting the urge to try one out. My missus would kick me out if I even thought about it. I've still got a substantial issue with the mainsail and her view that I have too many boards. I'm thinking I'll take Gale Force's advice from a past thread and resort to the new car option (for her) so I can feed my addition of getting more boat gear and water toys. The only possible road bump in this plan is the wide spread economic uncertainty, current lack of job security and histories biggest recession. To date my strategy has been that, if I'm going to have a lot of time on my hands and no income, I'd better get the cool sh*t now, cause I wont be able to after everything has turned to custard :-)

They don’t have to be that expensive to start second hand. I have sold a few lately at 650$ for a complete second hand foil set. I have a foil sup board for sale for $900. My mate is planning to sell a sup with foil for 1000 soon. Or you can roughly bolt a foil on to a board you already have with some extra epoxy etc. easy way to start is behind a boat. Only needs a 8hp on a dinghy to get foiling. When it gets expensive is when you want to get better gear once you are addicted. 

E1ADDCA0-7B81-42F8-9D27-648975D20C8A.jpeg