Have you encountered a Leopard Seal?

If you have seen any Leopard Seal, including but not only the Westhaven dingy destroyer, doing anything, anywhere at any time can you please go to the link below and let them know what you can. It's a online form to report things. I think if you make one of specific interest the team MAY contact you for more detail, they are nice people, it is not a inquisition far from it.

https://bit.ly/LSencounter

IF YOU HAVE A SPOT, PLACE, BUNCH OR PEOPLE YOU THINK MAY HELP OR A CLUB NOTICE BOARD OR A POST THAT THE BELOW POSTER CAN GO ON, PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD FAR AND WIDE.

THE WIDER THE REACH THE WIDER AND BETTER THE RESPONSES LEADING TO BETTER UNDERSTANDINGS......and maybe a discovery that may stop the bitch eating our boats and marina.

631663742_Haveyouencounteredaleopardseal_.thumb.png.bc864dcadae1919ceb984410c01878ba.png

not a leopard seal but of late encountered a few black seals,3 outside of Kawau island and last Saturday in the Firth.thought it was a log till it rolled over for a suntan,just floating with the tide.Came close enough to see its dark black eyes.

10 hours ago, Black Panther said:

Saw a big turtle off bayswater last week

I’ve seen a bloody big turtle off Cheltenham by rough rock . Caused a bit of a fuss cause I was the only one that saw it and arguments ensued 

We caught a turtle at Mayor island on a fishing rod about 15 years ago. True story. We had a boat load of witnesses. 

DOC told us to let it go as it was not unknown for them to follow the warm currents down here. I guess the concern is that it’s early in the season for the warm currents to be here. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Addem said:

We caught a turtle at Mayor island on a fishing rod about 15 years ago. True story. We had a boat load of witnesses. 

DOC told us to let it go as it was not unknown for them to follow the warm currents down here. I guess the concern is that it’s early in the season for the warm currents to be here. 

So if we are getting warmer currents early.Is there a stronger chance Jan/Feb of cyclonic conditions??

Here you go BP  

John Benton had a belter day out wide of Oakura today, fishing solo he wasn’t surprised about the yellowfin, but he wasn’t expecting Mahi Mahi.
We are only in November folks!
What other tropical visitors are going to arrive this season?
126330651_1840463149440745_1675741147152508896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=YJWst_gUDFsAX9BZ6ci&_nc_oc=AQnkL-Kz6ky2_XXwMBpbOKOqpTTkfV-GHVSyAaUKwHL0_gCkjXLbsEvKyAMRPgnZTUY&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl2-1.fna&tp=7&oh=1d4a6d30e7366cfdd9abbf84c731bca6&oe=5FE0FDEA
13 hours ago, harrytom said:

126330651_1840463149440745_1675741147152508896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=YJWst_gUDFsAX9BZ6ci&_nc_oc=AQnkL-Kz6ky2_XXwMBpbOKOqpTTkfV-GHVSyAaUKwHL0_gCkjXLbsEvKyAMRPgnZTUY&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl2-1.fna&tp=7&oh=1d4a6d30e7366cfdd9abbf84c731bca6&oe=5FE0FDEA

What retard kills a baby undersized fish like that then brags about it on Fecesbook.

Where is Legasea and all the outrage????

4 hours ago, KM... said:

What retard kills a baby undersized fish like that then brags about it on Fecesbook.

Where is Legasea and all the outrage????

There is no size limit on Mahi Mahi and that was taken directly from the NZ sport fishing council page which governs legasea. There is no issue, same for any marlin,swordfish only limit is 90kg if you were to weight it officially. no size limit in NZ.

I wont go in to detail of my thoughts but my personnel view NZSFC is the old boys network at work.Dead against some things and push for things that make no sense to you and I.

5 hours ago, harrytom said:

There is no size limit on Mahi Mahi and that was taken directly from the NZ sport fishing council page which governs legasea.

The NZSFC/Legacy commonly wank on about commercial fishing doing this and that. The make big calls along the lines of 'commercial wankers', even though what commercial is doing is legal, rightly or wrongly.

So I don't give a f*ck about size limits as it's blatantly obvious that fish is a baby so if the NZSFC/Legacy support murdering baby fish how does that make them any different than the commercials they wank on about so much? It doesn't!! In fact it makes the NZSFC/Legasea no different to the priest who preaches kindness, control and respect for others then bangs a choir boy up the bum.

Bugger me, if the arsehole who murdered that baby had left it alone for 6 more months he would have had a decent feed of a decent sized fish, they do grow bloody fast, but No he choose to be a baby killer instead, what a prick.

3 hours ago, lateral said:

Hope you were genuine, never can tell with you KM. Took at face value owing to the indisputable shite on FB.

Another species for us to mismanage.

And the trophy hunters to drool over.

You can tell if you read carefully what is written and don't assume.

Yes 101% genuine and been very pissed off about it all day.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, KM... said:

The NZSFC/Legacy commonly wank on about commercial fishing doing this and that. The make big calls along the lines of 'commercial wankers', even though what commercial is doing is legal, rightly or wrongly.

So I don't give a f*ck about size limits as it's blatantly obvious that fish is a baby so if the NZSFC/Legacy support murdering baby fish how does that make them any different than the commercials they wank on about so much? It doesn't!! In fact it makes the NZSFC/Legasea no different to the priest who preaches kindness, control and respect for others then bangs a choir boy up the bum.

Bugger me, if the arsehole who murdered that baby had left it alone for 6 more months he would have had a decent feed of a decent sized fish, they do grow bloody fast, but No he choose to be a baby killer instead, what a prick.

You can tell if you read carefully what is written and don't assume.

Yes 101% genuine and been very pissed off about it all day.

Have to agree with some points KM . I not going knock the organization . I no longer hold out hope that they are the answer. Had some personnel discussion with them and I will leave it there.