Looking for a Gori prop blade 16x12 RH

I am looking for a blade for a 3 bladed Gori folding prop 16.5 x 12 RH. My new boat has a kiwi prop on there now but came with a spare gori prop that lost a blade a while back.

Motoring performance is OK but I suspect the gori will perform a bit better than the kiwi prop and I like the idea of the overdrive for calm water and motorsailing. Just asking on the off chance someone had a similar issue and still has the other 2 blades. 

Nice boat! I had a look at her when we were on the hunt for a new boat - she was a little too much on the racer side of racer / cruiser for us. But will be awesome for someone into a bit of regular racing. Good to see her move to a new owner. I’ve done a couple of races on her - she goes well!

If you are interested, the latest generation kiwiprop blades are better efficiency than the old ones. Its a doddle to swap them out, but a few hundy for a new set. Also, it is very easy to tweak the pitch of the kiwi's, so you can up your top speed a little if you want, or get a higher speed for the cruising revs (but overload the engine at full revs). One or the other though, you can't have both.

But in saying that, if you can get the gori going again, it should be nicer. Elliptical curved blades are more efficient (or what ever the technical term is a for a 3D propeller shape).

5 hours ago, Fogg said:

Interesting that after experience of Euro production boat ownership you have gone back to a tried & tested Kiwi design.

Might be wrong but I think the boat B00B00 sailed to NZ was always planned to be imported and sold when they got here. I don’t think his choice is necessarily anything to do with euro vs Nz production. Pretty sure if there was a pogo 12.50 at the right price he’d be all over it like a virus at a GOP convention. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, DrWatson said:

Might be wrong but I think the boat B00B00 sailed to NZ was always planned to be imported and sold when they got here. I don’t think his choice is necessarily anything to do with euro vs Nz production. Pretty sure if there was a pogo 12.50 at the right price he’d be all over it like a virus at a GOP convention. 

Haha too funny, and too true.

Yes you are right Bad Kitty, the Beneteau 50 we brought down from France was always planned to be sold pretty quickly after returning to NZ. I would have loved to do a season or 2 cruising NZ in that boat but funds were running a bit slim after no income for almost 2 years and lots of outgoing spending... The boat was brought for a purpose and really was the perfect boat for what we did.

We would love another euro production boat but what we wanted was out of the budget in NZ and buying overseas right now was not going to be easy. Maybe one day we will look at buying a smaller (40ft) production boat overseas and sailing it back here to keep.

The Margaritaville seems to be a great boat for us. Ticks alot of boxes for the crusing and racing that we want to do and so well built. Not quite the island cruiser that we originally had in mind but has many other atributes that work. I have already replaced the engine mounts and gearbox and sound proofed the engine box which has made such a difference to the noise and vibrations. Shes smooth and quiet now. Spray dodger and furling jib to come next once I sell the Rocky and free up some boat funds. I really dont think anyone believed me when I said we brought the boat primarliy as a cruiser...

We have already had some great cruising in the boat and we love it.

received_3456049664492279.jpeg

received_1059550624491713.jpeg

received_633680170843706.jpeg

FB_IMG_1603686869444.jpg

• Upvote 2