Best budget keelboat racing around? Piedy?

Late to the party as always, but here's my tiny spoke...

Something you can take home to work on is very useful - as long as you have a big enough car, and big enough lawn. No antifoul or mooring costs either. One downside to trailer boats tho, is people can tell if you're out, so maybe not great if you live in a dodgy area.

There is a small fleet (4-5 on average) of Noelex 22's racing in Auckland, presently at Manukau YMBC with the Hartley 16's and 12 foot skiffs. They're all heading to a Waikato duck pond this weekend, which is something you  just can't do easily in a keelboat. Still a big class nationally.

Oh, and I have to say a big THANK YOU to KM, as I've found out he is sponsoring the Ngaroto Sprint Regatta this weekend. Chains, Ropes and Anchors, we thank you.

N22 gear is light, typically the same as big dinghies or small cats.

Upwind in a breeze, from my ancient databanks, they are faster than a Piedy. Downhill and in the light stuff, they're a wee bit undercanvassed. Not slow, but not as quick as some.

I still think they're a great yacht, raceable, cruisable, trailable, affordable. That's why I bought another one.