Summer plans?

This is our first summer in our Saraband. 

We are heading to Port Charles for 5 days in early January so we will hopefully get to the Mercs and perhaps drop into Barrier for a day in one direction or the other.  Its a bit of a shakedown cruise for us as we plan to headup to BOI in early March for a few weeks - a week or so more locally will help us figure out what does and doesn't work.

New water tanks, pump and taps to be fitted yet, and a new boarding ladder at SWMBO's request.  For me, an EPIRB is santa's present.  The autotiller will have to wait.  A bumclean and anitfould is scheduled as well before the end of February (BOI compliant!)

What are you up to?

Hanging around Whitianga and the Mercs. Mostly in our Tristram "Alfresco"

some sailing in deep purple for bay week practice 

bit of flying

rainy day jobs are to pull the engine out of the Morgan to replace a $200 wearable part. Very British problem. 

displaying our Christmas stuff till New Years then packing it up

feelers And elemnope at the coroglen New Years eve

merry Christmas everyone

7D0EC2BE-2D94-4900-80DC-D99BC12F4AEB.jpeg

883AF347-FC01-413B-8373-BA76E5485CF7.jpeg

51A15F69-AF1D-41F9-A1FD-0731183D946E.jpeg

B3C5495A-D007-4EE8-BB13-11A600C20E7D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, KM... said:

Building a boom, a 3.8km motocross track, a 300m shooting range, sussing which of 2 spots is best for a airstrip and wondering mid Northland simulating Gareth Morgan, felines be warned.

I think you need to join the Maungaturoto MX club, Great track at the Rec Farm, Bickerstaffe road. (now known as the "Country Club")

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Nowhere for me now that someone f##&$d me over yesterday whilst sitting in my berth. Tipped boat over so hard opposite side dock fitting ripped out. 

DSC_1227.JPG

DSC_1236.JPG

DSC_1231.JPG

You sure Owha the leopard seal wasn't trying to fornicate with your prod?

Just to clarify, another boat collided with your boat, while it was in your berth, and caused all that damage? I can imagine you feel substantially aggrieved. What marina?

Total downer. Similar thing happened to me straight after our White Island race. Was having a snooze at 5am when a clown with a old wooden trawler clunked into our prod. It’s probably stronger than yours as no damage and he couldn’t give a toss as he was more interested in getting out fishing. 

sitting in Moores Bay,Bon Accord waiting to depart for Gt Barrier  -will go tomorrow morning.

Never seen Bon Accord so empty and almost all the anchored boats here are (older Kiwi, only 1 AWB) yachts, not a Riviera or Maritimo in sight 

Also here Toroa 

Yup sitting on boat having coffee. 

Nek minute! 

Boat opposite came out turned to slow so gave it the gas ad the arse swang around and bamo!  Tipped boat to at least 40deg heel. 

Might have been alright if prod broke but it was. Glassed/glued on. 

Low friction rings with dyneema bobstay deformed so must been hefty clout. 

41 foot  AWB... Cannot say any more about what type at this stage though. 

Westhaven 

Yup holiday gone! 

On 23/12/2020 at 12:05 PM, aardvarkash10 said:

This is our first summer in our Saraband. 

We are heading to Port Charles for 5 days in early January so we will hopefully get to the Mercs and perhaps drop into Barrier for a day in one direction or the other.  Its a bit of a shakedown cruise for us as we plan to headup to BOI in early March for a few weeks - a week or so more locally will help us figure out what does and doesn't work.

New water tanks, pump and taps to be fitted yet, and a new boarding ladder at SWMBO's request.  For me, an EPIRB is santa's present.  The autotiller will have to wait.  A bumclean and anitfould is scheduled as well before the end of February (BOI compliant!)

What are you up to?

Your destinations for early Jan would require your boat to be just as prepared as a trip up to the BOI. Barrier and Mercs are not to be taken lightly. Colville chanel is as bad as anything you will get going north.

We are heading to Matai bay now and maybe will venture all the way to cape reinga tomorrow weather permitting. Had an awesome holiday so far. Snorkeled the poor knights, had a week in the bay of islands, cavalli islands yesterday and will keep going north until there is a reason to come back south. 

received_412223593316758.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4