Justifiable homicide?

I'm confused.

Is the problem a jetski going too fast? what has that got to do with discussing the murdering of someone?

Jetski's are a known problem. There is also a known system of dealing with them. Getting all vigilante is one thing, and I understand the frustration around jetski's. But are you guys actually discussing the justification of homicide cause someone is going too fast on a jetski? What are you going to do? walk up to someone at the boat ramp and attack them with a filleting knife?

Just breath in, breath out, count to ten, and get some perspective....

Interesting to note that all boats are at anchor, (not sure if that includes Dtwo's) yes the sea flea may piss you off re noise etc. but is he actually doing anything dangerous? I would have thought that the rules would / should apply when yachts / boats are under navigation. I saw something similar at Whakapirau, sea fleas zooming "safely" a spectator on the beach getting upset and agitated for no reasonable reason.

8 minutes ago, Steve Pope said:

Interesting to note that all boats are at anchor, (not sure if that includes Dtwo's) yes the sea flea may piss you off re noise etc. but is he actually doing anything dangerous? I would have thought that the rules would / should apply when yachts / boats are under navigation. I saw something similar at Whakapirau, sea fleas zooming "safely" a spectator on the beach getting upset and agitated for no reasonable reason.

Well imagine if your kids are swimming around the back of the boat and the jetski comes around the front.  So yes, it's obviously dangerous.  It is also illegal and ignorant.

The 5 knot law applies 200m from shore and 50m from other vessels.  Clearly this guy doesn't know, doesn't care, or both.

And to calm down those who would suggest murder would be a disproportionate response, I'll spell it out:  the topic post was tongue-in-cheek.  Take a breath.

Breaking legs - too much?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
40 minutes ago, Dtwo said:

And to calm down those who would suggest murder would be a disproportionate response, I'll spell it out:  the topic post was tongue-in-cheek.  Take a breath.

Apparently Trump was talkin tongue in check the other day too... ;-)

I've always thought it important to prove they are breaking navigation bylaws. How do you prove they are within 50 m of you? If you can throw an empty glass bottle and hit them, they'd def be within 50 m. Even if you miss, those empties float, and wont do well if it at high speed. Could damage their machine...

11 hours ago, Fish said:

Apparently Trump was talkin tongue in check the other day too... ;-)

I've always thought it important to prove they are breaking navigation bylaws. How do you prove they are within 50 m of you? If you can throw an empty glass bottle and hit them, they'd def be within 50 m. Even if you miss, those empties float, and wont do well if it at high speed. Could damage their machine...

Proof? Thats easy, Section 25 Evidence Act - opinion evidence is admissible from experts. The court would readily accept evidence from a harbour master who would state there qualifications and experience then give evidence on a speed and distance estimate based on the video. Police can also prosecute speeding offences this way but it is rare these days. So the video and some S25 evidence would cover it nicely.

12 hours ago, Dtwo said:

Well imagine if your kids are swimming around the back of the boat and the jetski comes around the front.  So yes, it's obviously dangerous.  It is also illegal and ignorant.

The 5 knot law applies 200m from shore and 50m from other vessels.  Clearly this guy doesn't know, doesn't care, or both.

Well said. The dangers are obvious.

The fizz boat I use,less wake 25knts than 5 knts but yep its not safe to do so,The jetskiers who armed with rods etc take things serious those that hang around beaches etc are the cowboys and need to be jumped on.

32 minutes ago, Sabre said:

You escalated that quickly!!!

Facepalm! No, I didn't escalate it. The OT did. Did you not read the thread title? The 'Justifiable Homicide' bit?

Incase you are not aware, homicide means killing someone.

The question I posed, is what are you actually going to do? Are you actually going to go and kill someone. Having your morning coffee disturbed is not justification for homicide.

And is there a real safety issue? There is only a safety issue if there are people in the water. There wasn't... So all we are talking about is breaching a bylaw.

How many of you guys breach bylaws all the time? LJ's in dinghy is a bylaw...

58 minutes ago, Sabre said:

If you took the title of this thread litterally then maybe you have had a little too much internet?

Maybe so. But language can be a funny thing. I often read what is written... 

There was a time when what was said was what was meant. I understand in these modern times of social media etc, that what is said often means something else. And what it means is up for personal interpretation, like black is white and what not.

KM got a ban for making reference to someone staring in a snuff movie. I actually think he has a legit point. The hypocrisy is deep in this one. Here this thread us asking for support to kill someone, cause they disturbed someones morning coffee. What is the difference?

• Upvote 1