WTB Mariner Prince or Princess

4 hours ago, Romany said:

what happened to the guys that made these?  in East Tamaki, 

Unfortunately Fred Andrews  passed away a few years ago and the business is now owned by someone else. When I got my Prince refurbished by Fred 10+ years ago it came back like new with new burners, polished etc. It wasn't cheap but cheaper than buying a new marine stove. Fred said at the time he was running out of parts to do refurbs.

I have a Mariner Princess two-burner that works very well except that the grill thermocouple went a couple of years back. I couldn't get any clarity on whether the themocouples were standard parts, so that an aftermarket substitute would work. And when I asked I got a caution that gasfitters are reluctant to work on the old stoves and likely to just throw their hands up and tell me to get a new one. So do I understand from this discussion that they are standard and can be replaced from this US company?

MS

Bradz, thanks for this. There's no hurry, since we can't get to NZ anyway and couldn't get in if we could. But with any kind of luck, we'll be there next summer and before then I will order from aliexpress.  I'll pick your brain about how they are replaced closer to the day. 

best

MS