Bare Boat Charter in the Islands?

Does anyone have any experience with bareboat yacht charters in the Islands, Fiji, Tonga etc? I have researched a few and it seems there are certainly some that you need two be a bit wary of but would be good to know if anyone has had some really good experiences and would recommend a particular company?

Got my 50th in 2022 and if the islands are open would love to do a trip with the family. 

There are bareboats available in Tonga (Vavau), New Caledonia and French Polynesia. I assume all the reefs around Fiji discourage bareboat chartering.

The boats out of Vavau are getting pretty tired and appear to have alot of issues going by number of radio calls raising serious maintenance problems we heard from charterers to the base. 

Maybe think about a crewed charter in Fiji?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, chariot said:

Why not the Whitsundays. Boats probably beeter maintained and Aussie bubble could be happening before the end of winter.

Yeah happy to consider all options. The reason I was looking Fiji/Tonga is because we are very keen on diving/snorkelling and I know the diving in the islands is very good as I have dived there. My understanding is that the Whitsundays is very nice to sail etc but does not offer the same qualities beneath the surface? 

Tonga boats are tired & not really well maintained.

Whitsunday boats were much better, and it's really nice cruising there.

No bare boat charters in Fiji, has to have a Fiji skipper.

I think there's bare boat in New Cal, but the waters a fair bit cooler than Fiji or Tonga!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Bad Kitty said:

Tonga boats are tired & not really well maintained.

Whitsunday boats were much better, and it's really nice cruising there.

No bare boat charters in Fiji, has to have a Fiji skipper.

I think there's bare boat in New Cal, but the waters a fair bit cooler than Fiji or Tonga!

Thanks BK. Yes I have heard and read that a lot of the boats in Tonga are pretty average.

1 hour ago, Black Panther said:

Go ballistic and fly to La Paz in Baja California.  Fantastic diving , good charter fleet, great food, great music and cheap beer.

I like your enthusiasm BK but long haul not an option, islands or East Coast of Oz.