My dream boat....again

I know I have said this before. And to that, yes there are many Boats I would be very happy to be the owner of. However, I have always had one make close to my heart of Boats to have if I could ever own one.
Hallberg Rassy.
No particular model, just in general I have always adored them. Such a well designed vessel, designed and built by some of the greateest names in the industry.
Just incase anyone is looking for a boat at the mo, I though I would post this link. I don't know the owner or the boat personally. It is fairly long in the tooth now and it needs a new engine. Hence price and I think even then, the price might need to drop a tad further. But it is so tidy with a new deck. Oh if only I could afford it.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/listing/3043353569?bof=xcto6eba

No not this "specific Boat", It's the HS stable that I hold in such high regard.
There are many boats out there that I would be very happy to be the owner of. And I guess that if a boat was a true "dream", I really should not worry about price and consider something brand new.

I agree the price is a tad high on this one and she is long in the tooth now. It may not just be the engine needing replacement.

And to be honest, All and any boats are going to remain in dream land. I doubt I am ever going to have enough money to buy another one day. Just not sure I am ready to be honest with myself and give up the dream. Reality can often be a bit depressing and I prefer to remain in my fantasy World for just now.😁

6 hours ago, wheels said:

And to be honest, All and any boats are going to remain in dream land. I doubt I am ever going to have enough money to buy another one day. Just not sure I am ready to be honest with myself and give up the dream. Reality can often be a bit depressing and I prefer to remain in my fantasy World for just now.😁

Wheels, I don’t know anything about your situation and Am not prying but don’t give up the dream!  There are myriads of opportunities that come along if you can be right place right time.

My first keeler wasn’t even mine. Just an older 21 footer that the ex-brother in law wanted someone to use while he was posted overseas. The theory was by using it I would maintain it whereas it would just deteriorate sitting on a mooring. 

My second boat was a trailer sailer that I took off a friends hands for $3k who didn’t know how to deal with the rotten trailer. 

17 hours ago, waikiore said:

This and a 1020 are poles apart, 1020 ideal for round here, HR ideal for ocean walloping and living on.

Yes and you have nailed it in a nutshell. Horses for courses. There are many splendid boats on the water. The HR is not neccessarily above some others. The reason why this name has had my attention for years is all about passage making and living aboard. A 1020 will run circles around them as far as performance. But the HR's have a Character and comfort level about them that make them something inviting to live on and cruise in. In my view of course.
One thing I particularly like is the Keel. Any Boat that is now 40yrs old with a Bolt on Fin Keel would keep me awake all night. A Boat like the one in the Link would give me no worries at all. The walloping part seems to have always been a sailing thing for us. So having a boat that I didn't have to worry about while being walloped is what I most like about them. Having said that, there are many other makes that have a similar hull design. But none that I have so far come across have the same performance and comfort as the HR. So hence being my  dream of choice.

20 hours ago, Addem said:

don’t give up the dream!

Thanks for the sentiment. I try not to look at a glass half full, but am also rather hard on myself at times as well. I have just turned 59 and now steering down the barrel of 60. So just another one of those "midlife" crisis we Men often have.

A friend has a HR46 he sailed back from Europe.

I sent him the link to that Finot Conq 53 'cruiser' IT put up y.day and he had a one word reply - French. 

As he says, an HR will get you there and back in style and comfort.

It's a pity you need to sell the firstborn to afford one.