Can someone explain racetrack handicapping to me please?

You need to do a bunch of races to get a baseline. Five I believe. Racetrack then gives you a handicap rating based on where you fit in the fleets you've raced in. Low number, you are a slow boat, high number, you are a super pimped canting keeler.

It is a performance handicap. So if you go out and have a blinder, your % performance will be more than 100%, as KM said. If you go out and have a shocker, it will be less than 100%. I think it also gives you a "sailed to" number for each race. Works best with a lot of races for a better data set. Really good for tracking how you are going. Purely performance based, so if you put some effort in, clean you bum etc, you should see the results in Race track, even if you don't win your next club race.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, KM... said:

You can also use the FAQ's, button at very top of page ;)

yeah but I'm a lazy leftist who relies on the hard sweat and skills of the business classes to enlighten me 😆

47 minutes ago, Fish said:

You need to do a bunch of races to get a baseline. ...Purely performance based, so if you put some effort in, clean you bum etc, you should see the results in Race track, even if you don't win your next club race.

Thanks Fish - very helpful and informative as usual.

So was KM, in his own ideosychratic way.