SSANZ Triple 2021

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

Although the notice of race prevents a simple reschedule (which I completely agree with as people make plans based on NOR) it doesn’t mean there aren’t other possibilities….

The final race could be rescheduled but not count towards the series?  Many of the competitors just love the racing (and the last/shortest race is often the most popular) so if rescheduled could just be a standalone race with prizes accordingly. I don’t think anyone would hold it against SSANZ if this happened and didn’t affect series scores. I know several competitors felt short changed last year by losing a race and would be annoyed if it happened again.

Secondly, now that two years in a row have either lost a race or looking like a distinct possibility… maybe it’s time to add a reserve date or options into the NOR next year? 

The NOR does not appear to state how many races constitute a series.

1 hour ago, Psyche said:

The NOR does not appear to state how many races constitute a series.

Right, so you mean if no races were completed, SSANZ would have to give out 150 prizes, cause everyone would be first equal!  😆😆😆

This is one for the experts but is one race a series if the other two are cancelled, or in this case can you call it a series if  three are not completed? For example in the Squadron NOR for the winter series; 

8.3 One (1) race will be required to constitute a series.

I just want to go race :( 

If there is no provision to officially reschedule in the NOR then close the official series at 2 and run the 50 and associated social gathering etc when we can go yachting

maybe an impossible idea but I’m sure that first and foremost we all just want to go racing around having a good time 

mind you I have a long list of to do items after the last one and the boat is currently stuck high and dry at gulf harbour haul out 🤔

• Upvote 1

Not looking likely to get race 3 but we are definitely looking at running a third race if at all possible, would be a standalone if we can’t run on the same weekend as originally planned 

I personally believe we will see many more cases before this outbreak started to improve 

72142E61-095B-40BA-B8E3-DDBD5DCA2D45.jpeg

• Haha 7

We are looking at a couple of options if the magic fairy doesn’t sprinkle L1 or L2 dust over us all by next weekend 

1 A stand alone twohanded race on a Sunday in October 

2 A Friday rum race with prize giving afterwards ( out of towners could jump on Westhaven boats if need be ) Prize giving would be for the two race series.

3 Both of the above

Series entrants would get free entry but others able to enter and join in.

This is an unofficial update as we haven’t a clue how any of this is going to turn out, but fingers crossed we can make something happen along these lines.

2 hours ago, Shimmer said:

Yeah sounds rad but can we have the extra 2 handed race in October too? We need all the 2 handed race miles we can get

Working on both

Covid will ultimately decide