Heat Shrink Crimpers

I need to crimp about 50 heat shrink terminals, and I have since found out that the dye for Heat Shrink is not the same as nylon.

Does anyone out East Auckland have one they could hire out for the day?

What have you got right now? You can use a normal ratcheting crimper. There is not a great deal of difference between them. The jaw is usually a bit flatter so as the heatshrink is not damage when crunched down. but I have always used the noirmal crimper with no problems. Once you have made a crimp, give it a tug to ensure it is tight.

If you can't get someone to loan/rent you out the tool... I used the manufacturers ratcheting crimpers for about a year until the tool broke. I then learned.... You can use most KLEIN brand 'soft' Single crimper jaws at their respective (Yellow, Blue, Red) settings.  A soft jaw is one with oval/rounded outer edges, I've done this for 20 years and 1,000's of connections without any issues for 'Name Branded' 22-10 AWG size connectors from "Quick Cable",  not sure about your metric sizing and metric tools and connectors but I would at least give it a try on a few test connectors.

Crimp them, inspect the heat-shrink plastic for damage that cuts thru to the tin coated connector; if none... heat shrink it and check again; if none.... put the connector in a vise and pull HARD on the wire to check break-out strength (often breaks just outside the edge of connector body). If the wire does not pull out of the fitting, I SUGGEST YOU ARE GOLDEN.

I used only Class-K wire tin coated with name branded Connectors (not cheap unlabeled potentially China knock-offs)

Here is a video that shows a 'soft' jaw single crimper... https://www.ancorproducts.com/en/309103  This one is ratcheting and the brand tool I started out using.

Thanks guys. I looked at the Klein ones, but since have order ex USA a Wirefy set with 5 dyes incl. heat shrink. Won't be here till Monday, but not going out this weekend anyway.

I found trying to use the Nylon dye didn't always work (could pull wire through) and damaged heat shrink.