Navigational Warnings

HAURAKI GULF

The two starboard hand beacons at the entrance to Puhoi river have been reported as missing

WAITEMATA HARBOUR

Waitemata -  The yellow special mark buoy near Chelsea (Fl.Y.5s) has been reported as unlit.

Waitemata -  The Denis Rock west cardinal beacon (Q(9).W.15s) Int no.3850.2 has been reported as unlit.

Waitemata -  The Takaparawha Point (Orakei Wharf) outfall beacon has been reported as missing.

Waitemata -  The Bayswater Marina channel No.5 beacon (Fl.G.4s) Int no.3770.09 has been reported as dim and out of sequence.

Waitemata -  The West Bastion Reef starboard beacon has been destroyed. A temporary green buoy has been placed in its position.

Waitemata – The Northcote Mooring area SE Port hand beacon in charted position 36° 49.64S   174° 45.37E has been temporarily positioned at 36° 49.60S   174°45.33E. Final position will be advised in due course.

MANUKAU HARBOUR

Manukau -  Several of the Papakura Channel lights have been reported as unlit. Mariners are advised to navigate with caution in the area.

CANCELLED NAVIGATION WARNINGS

Waitemata -  The inner starboard Westhaven entrance beacon (off mole end) (Oc.G.6s) Int no.3819 has been reported as repaired.

Every time I read these, I just get the impression Auckland Transport need to get off their arse and do some maintenance...

Couple of light bulbs to change, few posts to put back, how hard can it be?

Obviously quite hard- The red can at the entrance to Islington Bay has been cast ashore for how many years now? I knew it was going to be a problem when they handed over from the Harbourmaster to Auckland Transport. Maritime stuff is actually different to roads. I think the Harbourmaster actually does a good job with the limited resources they  have.

• Upvote 1

One pole driven into the mud cost about 5 K, nowdays its a matter of finding someone with the platform and the skills to put a pole, a mooring or a buoy in at exact coordinates and sign off on it.

There are only a few guys and lotsa work, lets face it no ones gonna get keen to tug a platform out to Izzy Bay just to replace one buoy when there is serious money in replacing infrastructure like the Westhaven block the entrance and extend things.

What the Harbourmaster probably needs is his own crew of guys and a platform, I doubt if Goff and the boys are prepared to spend it, unfortunately when a fatality occurs they can park it neatly under the harbourmasters nose and duck for cover, tis a shite situation.

44 minutes ago, Rats said:

What the Harbourmaster probably needs is his own crew of guys and a platform, I doubt if Goff and the boys are prepared to spend it, unfortunately when a fatality occurs they can park it neatly under the harbourmasters nose and duck for cover, tis a shite situation.

But we issued notice to mariners.

covered🤔

Good to see they have put a buoy in place for West Bastion.  Why don't they do the same for Sewer Beacon?  Waitangi got stuck there recently, and likely more yachts will ground there until it is replaced.

HAURAKI GULF

The inner starboard hand beacon at the entrance to Puhoi river has been reported as missing

WAITEMATA HARBOUR

Waitemata -  Rangitoto Channel – Mainers are advised that maintenance dredging will be conducted in the shipping lane during the week commencing 19th July. For further information  contact Auckland Harbour Control on VHF channel 12. Mariners are advised to exercise caution when navigating in the area.

Waitemata -  The Henderson Creek no.9 beacon (F.G) Int no. 3838.15 has been reported as unlit.

Waitemata -  The Takaparawha Point (Orakei Wharf) outfall beacon has been reported as missing.

Waitemata -  The West Bastion Reef starboard beacon has been destroyed. A temporary green buoy has been placed in its position.

Waitemata – The Northcote Mooring area SE Port hand beacon in charted position 36° 49.64S   174° 45.37E has been temporarily positioned at 36° 49.60S   174°45.33E. Final position will be advised in due course.

MANUKAU HARBOUR

Manukau -  The Wairopa Channel no.8 beacon has been reported as unlit

Manukau -  The Wairopa Channel no.10 beacon has been reported as unlit

Manukau -  The Wairopa Channel no.10A beacon has been reported as unlit

Manukau -  The Wairopa Channel no.15 beacon has been reported as unlit

CANCELLED NAVIGATION WARNINGS

Waitemata -  The Denis Rock west cardinal beacon (Q(9).W.15s) Int no.3850.2 has been reported as repaired

42 minutes ago, waikiore said:

Please can some one tell me where Denis rock is?  I am not Flap but I like to think I know my way around the harbour 

Outside of Motukaraka Island (or Flat Island as I always knew it) at Beachlands.  I believe it is Dennis Rock (2 "n"s) on the chart.