advice on a spinnaker halyard leader please

I need a 1m long leader to go between the halyard and the head of the spinnaker to accommodate  the new you-beaut sock / douser.  I'm ok with any solution that is easy, cheap and good (yeah, yeah choose any two...).

Halyard is some skinny dyneema-looking cord with a pelican on it. 

Have at me with your suggestions.

47 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

I need a 1m long leader to go between the halyard and the head of the spinnaker to accommodate  the new you-beaut sock / douser.  I'm ok with any solution that is easy, cheap and good (yeah, yeah choose any two...).

Halyard is some skinny dyneema-looking cord with a pelican on it. 

Have at me with your suggestions.

Make a Dyneema strop, loop in each end, the one for the head of the spinnaker should be long enough to cow hitch it thru the head eye.

By the way, I think you are better off having a halyard with a little "spring" in it to absorb shock loading - not like a main or genoa where you need a tight luff

• Like 1

do you need a metre?  my one on a sock is about 30cm.  Straight stainless bar with swivels on each end.  halyard on one end head of kite on the other.  I am out that way if you want to try it out to then figure out where to source one from.  Or i can take a picture to show you the fitting

Every set up of these I have seen have been a approx 30cm metal bar with swivels. 

There must be a reason for this, cause any old bit of rope with a decent swivel would work. But I don't know what it is...