Anyone here have a Boat Repainted in Fiji, how did that go for you?

Fusion marine use a trailer and tractor. I had a customers boat out there last year. Good deal, and a couple of multis out up there too. You could try Jorn Douglas, NZ shipwrights, 0276992674   for a price using that yard. Tell him Matt from Neptune's Gear referred you...

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Adrianp said:

John Hughes could also be a good option as he has a shed on the waterfront in Mahurangi Harbour and is a multihull expert.

https://www.pressreader.com/new-zealand/boating-nz/20150901/283901636723703 

Good article, Do you have a business name or contact information?

1 hour ago, marinheiro said:

That is Fusion Marine at Manga Rd Silverdale. Use the crane to tow a trailer... I'm contacting them about our beam

I do not know who owns it, but there is also the big shed on the north side of the Weiti River where Jon Douglas built the 2 big Roger Hill cats (Kotuku and Cation) 

Anyone know about this shed or Contact info for Jon since he will know the owner. 

So Far,, the 3 leads in Fiji have had only one response (good responsive communication with this one) but they are unable to give us a referral on even a single New Zealand Flagged boat that they have done. I'm not necessarily impressed.

26 minutes ago, 2flit said:

So Far,, the 3 leads in Fiji have had only one response (good responsive communication with this one) but they are unable to give us a referral on even a single New Zealand Flagged boat that they have done. I'm not necessarily impressed.

Reminds me of a yacht I saw that was painted in the yard at Vuda

it had a really good non skid finish to the topsides wth a sprinkling of coral sand through it

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Island Time said:

Fusion marine use a trailer and tractor. I had a customers boat out there last year. Good deal, and a couple of multis out up there too. You could try Jorn Douglas, NZ shipwrights, 0276992674   for a price using that yard. Tell him Matt from Neptune's Gear referred you...

Just heard back... Our boat is "too beamy" for Fusion Marine,  so they are out

Having done a lot of marine work in Fiji, I wouldn't even contemplate getting any finishing work done there.

If something was so urgent that it was needed to prevent sinking, then maybe, but anything else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?

6 hours ago, 2flit said:

Trying them now... we do want a high quality job without runs or brush marks. But what is most important is not 'gloss' and car like paint, but longevity is very important. We absolutely need this job to last ten year+  (or current AWL Grip paint went 21 years)

If you want longevity you need to spray. Alot of your UV protection comes from the gloss level and rolling and tipping doesn't achieve the gloss level resulting in a shorter life.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, marinheiro said:

not exactly cheap though, I pay somewhat less at Robertsons, Warkworth

$355 Haulout + $40/day hardstand for 14m May this year

Conrad's travel lift can accommodate an 8m beam - just

Not for much longer possibly

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/125651171/court-orders-end-to-feuding-boatbuilding-brothers-stoush-over-7-million-land

I wonder if you could be hauled out on a roodberg? Tamaki Marine Park has a shed 10m wide that you'd just fit in. 

If you can't come up the ramp on the roodberg, next door to them McMullen & wing have a slipway and a travellift, you might be able to come up their slipway and then move into the shed at Tamaki. 

Or just bite the bullet and get a big crane to pick you straight out of the water... Someone like NZ crane hire have rigs big enough and spreader bars for this. 

Yep Conrad painted our 46' catamaran and did a great job. I removed/replaced the hardware and that's all.

The final price charged was less than the quote (by several thousand)

Never encountered that in the marine industry before or since, so I also would be sorry to see the yard close.

15 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

Interesting situation. I think Martin Robertson has taken over the Mahurangi Marinas yard by the old Cement works, so he gets a nice payout from the land auction and gets rid of the competition? 

10 minutes ago, Adrianp said:

Interesting situation. I think Martin Robertson has taken over the Mahurangi Marinas yard by the old Cement works, so he gets a nice payout from the land auction and gets rid of the competition? 

I had heard that too, but a search of the companies register shows it is still owned (as of Dec 20) by the Dixons (better known for their stainless steel work)