Three Kings sight seeing cruise

I'm thinking about it. Have quite a full calendar as it is.

Pretty decent turnout entry wise so far considering the last 3 Kings race had 8 monohulls and 2 multis. 

So I hear, you guys owned that race last time.

I would absolutely love to but November is always mental at work

(boat owners are surprisingly unsympathetic to boat builders going racing)

and I can’t see me having all the Cat 2 stuff sorted by then.

As it is I have decided to just get Cat 3 for the triangle next year and then start working my way through the extra stuff for Cat 2.

Currently oversizing the kite gear and building a new kite pole after last weekends pleasure cruise. Are you doing it on Legacy?

Fair enough, annoying about your kite pole. We actually banana shaped a couple of poles on dad's twilight years ago and eventually changed the down haul setup which seemed to stop it happening. 

Yep Legacy's entry is in :)

So the Coastal had to cancel, looks very likely that the SSANZ delta race will have to cancel, what’s the story with the 3 kings race? Are that looking to postpone or will this also end up in the list of “would have been awesome” races that we said good by to?

I see the PCC has decided to hold the round rangi as a pirate event, I wonder if they will get any official reprimand for that?

Talk is possible delay until end of March ish

Things have to change before we can run the Delta race

Now just hoping this madness doesn’t effect the Evolution Northern Triangle 

Yeah that’s the big one I keep hoping we are able to do. On Shimmer it’s a tough slog getting through all the prep for safety inspections, slowly getting through the work I can do myself but things like getting an LPG certification are taking forever. I realize a lot of the other competitors will be in a similar situation. And almost 3 months after folding the kite pole in the SSANZ 100 I’m still trying to buy a new length of T 6 alli tube to build a new one!

If we did “open up” early next year it could be a very full summer coastal racing program with the Northern Triangle, a delayed 3 Kings race and the fully crewed RNI all looking to be run between February and April 

something to look forward to anyway 

8 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

If we did “open up” early next year it could be a very full summer coastal racing program with the Northern Triangle, a delayed 3 Kings race and the fully crewed RNI all looking to be run between February and April 

something to look forward to anyway 

And bay of islands sailing week ! Plus auck/Tauranga 

Unless something miraculous happens in Monday's announcement, that allows close quarter sports to resume for 6 different bubbles, we're going to be sitting three Kings out in the unlikely event it goes ahead. 

It's now reached the point where there's simply not enough sailing days left to get the necessary practice and team work in for a race of that duration.

Dropped a bucket of money on boat prep, the only bits I regret are the epirb and the flares, cause now their expiry date is ticking. 😕