Want to buy: Hobie 16 on road trailer

Hi everyone! After a lengthy hiatus from sailing and some overseas adventures COVID-19 has me back in New Zealand for the foreseeable future. I figured this was a good excuse to get back out on the water, and after owning a couple of smaller beach cats in the past, I thought that a Hobie 16 would be the perfect little boat to do a bit of sail-camping, coastal cruising, and have some fun on the lakes and harbours.

I’m currently looking to buy a Hobie 16 on a warranted and registered road trailer. 

I don’t need anything too fancy and new as I won’t be racing, so older sails, rudders, and blocks etc are fine, but I would like something with decent hulls and no significant delamination. A couple of minor soft spots is fine.

I’m located in Hamilton but would be willing to travel within the north island for the right boat.

I’m looking to spend between $2000 and $2500, but could stretch this a little for something nice.

If you’re loooking to sell, or know someone looking to sell, please send me a message on 02102200327, or email me at tehvin@gmail.com

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Elliot749 said:

I sold one for $1100 , matching your description, about 6 months ago . Now resides at Parua Bay in Whangarei,  may be an idea to contact sailing club up there and see if it’s avail for purchase 

Thanks for the tip, have contacted the club.

• Upvote 1

there is one at RBC in russell. needs to get moved along and has owners number on it. I'm told he'll sell it, but wont let our Jr Sailors use it and its taking up community storage space and not being used! Come on over and take it with you!

On 3/08/2021 at 8:01 AM, ToyTec said:

there is one at RBC in russell. needs to get moved along and has owners number on it. I'm told he'll sell it, but wont let our Jr Sailors use it and its taking up community storage space and not being used! Come on over and take it with you!

Back in Hamilton now unfortunately. Not sure when I’ll next be up north but if I haven’t found some something by then I’ll go take a look.

Thanks for the tip.